Godin Guitar Advice

Author
washburn100
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 110
2008/10/01 11:11:02 (permalink)

Godin Guitar Advice

After shopping and posting ad neaseum, I have settled on a Godin guitars. Other than price, does anyone have any experience as to the differences between these 3.

- xt-SA average price is $ 1000
- LGX-SA average price $ 1500
- LGXT average price $ 1900

They all have the same electronics (other than pick-up variations I think). Anyone have any experience with them and recommendations of any particular one over another.

Thanks,

4 Replies Related Threads

Bajan Blue
    Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2029
    RE: Godin Guitar Advice 2008/10/01 11:52:24 (permalink)
    Hi Washburn
    I just posted in the previous thread. I have the XT SA and have used an old Godin, I think it was an ACS nylon string - quite some time ago so cannot really be accurate. I have not tried nor seen the others.
    The XT SA does exactly what I want and is generally a nice "standard" guitar with the extra bonus of an accurate midi pick up. I have also tried a couple of guitars where the owners had fitted their own pick up - none were very good and the Godin was far superior to all.
    Sorry I cannot help with the various models, but all I can say I have always been impressed with Godin products (I also have a standard non MIDI Godin Guitar) and the XT SA does exactly what I want at a very reasonable price point.
    Nigel

Nigel
    Check out the first single from our new Album, On Top of the World
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTLVCOeTcTc

Check out our latest videos on
    http://www.youtube.com/user/DevineLie/videos

Check out our website
    www.devinelie.com

CreatingNoise
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1666
    RE: Godin Guitar Advice 2008/10/01 19:53:37 (permalink)
    If I remember correctly the XT models have the tremolo and maybe no piezo (only differences). Mine is LGX-SA and has a fixed bridge and through body string setup. I have two humbuckers but they are split coils so I can access the single coil of each for a lot of combos as well as the piezo and synth access. I went through the same process of research and shopping 2 years ago (when I got my Godin). As soon as I played the Godin, it was all over. It was on sale and I got it for about $1399 if I remember correctly. I left the music store (the sale on it ended that weekend) with my wife to do some errands and I was going to wait and buy it a few months later but the more I thought about it, the more I knew I wanted that guitar and to get it on sale. The store closed but at my wife's urging I called and they answered and opened up and sold me the guitar a hour and half later. It is my dream guitar (first new guitar in 20 years) and I still pamper it two years later.
    washburn100
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 110
    RE: Godin Guitar Advice 2008/10/02 08:45:12 (permalink)
    Thanks Guys,
    Tony, you just nailed it for me. I spent 2 hours last night at the music store trying to decide between the three. I liked the 3 pick up combo of the xtSA, and the price of the LGXT told me something must be special cause it cost more. Your post mentioned the through body fixed bridge. Bingo, thats what I want. The guitars I was trying had the whammy bars removed so I didn't immediately notice. I am not a whammy bar fan and the fixed bridge is what I want.

I'm ordering the LGX-SA in a cognac burst and paying extra for the AAA flame top (why the hell not). To sweeten the deal, I'm getting a Roland GI-20 at the same time so they are cutting a bit of a deal. Talk about blowing your wad, but like you, I have'nt bought a new guitar in 20+ years. I deserve it!

Will keep you posted and thanks again!
    CreatingNoise
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1666
    RE: Godin Guitar Advice 2008/10/02 17:16:10 (permalink)
    Schweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats. I have the AAA blue top and I love it but if the Cognac burst had of been there, I probably would have gone for that. Can't wait to hear how you like it.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1