Toontrack - Waves VSSD System Announcement

Author
Blackwaters End
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 179
2008/10/07 10:58:02 (permalink)

Toontrack - Waves VSSD System Announcement

Anyone else get this announcement from Toontrack? I wonder what this means... Is this the same Waves that receives so many complaints about copy protection?

2008-10-06

Waves’ Virtual Stock Software Distribution system enhances Toontrack products’ availability

Umea, Sweden Q 2008 — Toontrack Music announced that as of October 6, 2008, they will join Waves’ pioneering Virtual Stock Software Distribution (VSSD) fulfillment program, as an alternative means of product distribution. Now, end-users will always have access to the complete range of Toontrack products from their favorite authorized Toontrack music retailer, and they will never be “out-of-stock.”

After customers purchase a Toontrack product, the dealer will enter the order number and instantly receive copy-protected software with unique serial numbers to unlock the product. The serial is printed on the customer’s receipt.

“Joining the VSSD and the association with Waves marks another huge step forward for us,” stated Andreas Sundgren, CEO Toontrack Music Group. “In practice, it will mean that Toontrack can offer a unique sales service to dealers and individual customers alike. We are very excited and happy to be joining the Waves VSSD."

About Toontrack Music AB:
Toontrack Music is the premier developer of percussive virtual instruments in the world with an unrivaled line of tools for playing, composing and producing drums and percussion in Digital Audio Workstations. To buy Toontrack products visit the Toontrack webshop here.

About Waves Ltd.:
Waves is a leading provider of audio DSP solutions for professional, broadcast, and consumer electronics audio markets. Waves has ten years of expertise in the development of psycho-acoustic signal processing algorithms that leverage knowledge on the human perception of hearing to radically improve perceived sound quality. Waves’ award-winning processors are utilized to improve sound quality in the creation of the world’s most popular music, movie soundtracks, and multimedia titles. Waves offers computer software solutions and hardware plus software solutions for the professional and broadcast markets. Waves also offers semiconductor with embedded software solutions under the Maxx brand for the consumer electronics audio applications. Waves’ Maxx technology dramatically enhances audio performance in consumer applications and has been licensed to several leading companies, including Motorola and Microsoft. For more information, visit the Waves web site at www.waves.com.

Other brand and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.

2 Replies Related Threads

Bajan Blue
    Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2029
    RE: Toontrack - Waves VSSD System Announcement 2008/10/09 13:13:13 (permalink)
    Hi
    I got it as well - talk about depressed - I love Toontrack and their stuff but I LOATH Waves.
    I have GTR2, which they wanted to charge me almost the price of the product again to upgrade to GTR3, even though I had hardly ever been able to use it because when I purchased it, unbeknown to me or the suppliers Sweetwater, it wouldn't work with Sonar. Even after they got it to work, it has so many bugs I hardly ever even attempted to use it.
    Considering I have other Waves products, ( which unless I pay them a yearly blackmail fee they won't help re any updates etc. I should add) you think they might have wanted to try and help a very disgruntled customer. They did not give a s**t.
    They really are not a great company to deal with and if purchasing anything further from Toontrack means I have to have any dealings with Waves, I will simply not purchase any further Toontrack products. Far far too risky. I have already wasted enough money on Waves products I cannot use.
    Nigel

Nigel
    Check out the first single from our new Album, On Top of the World
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTLVCOeTcTc

Check out our latest videos on
    http://www.youtube.com/user/DevineLie/videos

Check out our website
    www.devinelie.com

Blackwaters End
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 179
    RE: Toontrack - Waves VSSD System Announcement 2008/10/09 13:49:36 (permalink)

A recent post on the Toontrack support forum suggests that they will not be employing PACE (which I presume is the copy protection scheme?).

So if it's simply for distribution maybe it'll be fine...(depending on what that means exactly).
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1