Allen and Heath 20:8 Mix Wizard vs Soundcraft Spirit Folio RacPac

Author
Ed Evans
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 89
2008/10/09 19:03:33 (permalink)

Allen and Heath 20:8 Mix Wizard vs Soundcraft Spirit Folio RacPac

Just curious if any of you have any opinion regarding these two mixers. They both seem to have the basics of what I'm looking for. I'm really curious if either one has a better reputation with respect to the mic pre's. I will be using this primarily as the mixer in my rehearsal room.

Thanks in advance for your responses!

Ed

Ed Evans
Sonar X3d, Roland Octa-Capture, Windows 7 x64 

2 Replies Related Threads

tfbattag
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 422
    RE: Allen and Heath 20:8 Mix Wizard vs Soundcraft Spirit Folio RacPac 2008/10/10 10:38:22 (permalink)
    Hi Ed-

I just went through a comparison for a purchase. I was comparing Soundcraft's x7ii to A&H's GL2400 series. I ended up going with the A&H. I'm using it with RME converters as the interface to all that I do in the studio. It's been great, and I've been getting the best mixes of my studio "career" with this combo.

One reason I wen with the A&H is that (depending on which one) they are built using board per channel construction, meaning that if you lose a channel, you can replace only it. This is a feature that you see mostly in high-end consoles. Also, every pot is full attached to the surface. I also thought the routing possibilities were more flexible for the A&H in the same price range.

I personally don't have any hands-on Soundcraft experience, and I don't believe in bashing the product that I didn't purchase. I am however extremely happy with the A&H that I purchased. I went ahead and purchased a 32 channel GL2400, and I'm so glad that I spent the extra money to get the exra channels. It allows me to divide the console into a 16 channel input section and a 16 channel mixing section.

Good Luck.

Thomas Battaglia
    :wq!
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Intel DP35DP, Q6600, 6GB RAM, Win7Pro x64; RME HDSPe RayDAT; RME ADI8-DS x2, RME ADI-2.
    Ed Evans
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 89
    RE: Allen and Heath 20:8 Mix Wizard vs Soundcraft Spirit Folio RacPac 2008/10/10 18:08:38 (permalink)
    Thanks, for the response, Thomas. Very good point about the extra channels and splitting the function the way you do.

Ed

Ed Evans
    Sonar X3d, Roland Octa-Capture, Windows 7 x64 

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1