Do i first install V2 ?

Author
mau65
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 84
2008/10/11 15:14:10 (permalink)

Do i first install V2 ?

Hi again to all the people here,

Another (i hope simple) question: i've downloaded the free V2.5 update. I've noticed that is more than just a simple update but rather a full program.
I've installed this upon a V2 installation (from original dvd).
But can i install only V2.5 without the old version ? It's possible ? And what about the plugins in the retail dvd ? How to install these in a second chance ?

Again thanks for the patience and for the attention !

3 Replies Related Threads

naughtyhill
    Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1037
    RE: Do i first install V2 ? 2008/10/11 17:47:51 (permalink)
    Hi there!

I'm not at my workstation right now but I think I remember doing something like that too, a while back.
    I think it's possible to install the plugins from the original dvd by searching the install .exe files for the plugins (or whatever they're called) and run them one by one.
    However...it may be slightly easier to uninstall the whole app, grab the dvd and install v2 and then install 2.5 and 2.5.1

Don't take my word for it though. My memory has been damaged by long term use of illegal substances.

Hope my somewhat incoherent story will get you where you wanna be.

Welcome to the forum and

greetings from Holland,

NTH

post edited by naughtyhill - 2008/10/11 17:52:17

mau65
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 84
    RE: Do i first install V2 ? 2008/10/12 04:21:17 (permalink)
    Hi naughtyhill and thank you very much for your kind welcome !

I'm "damaged" too maybe because of the age (i'm 43) and most because we, musicians, are a little dreamers in a world that seems to has only Wall Street as only ambition.

The side effect of this is that we (...or just i...) need some medicines to cure: some use Xanax, some other Lexotan (as i do) and a lot use Cakewalk software.

But these are other stories...Ok, i'll install the whole dvd first, than 2.5, than 2.5.1.

Thank you very much again !
    b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Do i first install V2 ? 2008/10/12 10:44:14 (permalink)
    And what about the plugins in the retail dvd ? How to install these in a second chance ?
    It's worth noting that you can always go back to an installation CD/DVD, and selectively install only those plugins or sections that you need.
    After inserting the disk, you'll go through several screens until you reach a "Select Components" area. Stop there.

In this dialog, you can de-select anything that you don't want installed, such as the main program executable. Just leave those desired plugins and other components ticked in its own checkbox, then proceed with the installation process. It's possible to overwrite a single plugin from the installation disk; one that may have been corrupted, or is otherwise giving you some problems.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1