Liquid Instruments Automation?

Author
soundchaser59
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 558
2008/10/11 22:32:20 (permalink)

Liquid Instruments Automation?

I have Liquid Instruments (sax, horns). The documentation, what little there is of it, says that a few parameters that are controlled by sliders in the user interface on screen can also be controlled/automated using midi.

I need to control the pitch and formant sliders using a couple of midi controlllers, obviously the pitch wheel would be nice, and maybe a mod wheel. Simple do-it-in-your-sleep stuff for most midi heads and most software.

But not one shred of "how to" in the Liquid manual, no midi spec, no nothing. Just the claim that it can be done, but no hint as to how to assign midi controllers to the sliders. They have an automation page that lets you choose which slider to control, and what note range it controls, but nothing that connects those to an incoming midi signal in any way. I posted a message with Ueberschall asking about it, but no response.

Anybody happen to know how to assign midi controllers to Liquid sliders/parameters?

4 Replies Related Threads

kwgm
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2271
    RE: Liquid Instruments Automation? 2008/10/11 23:36:04 (permalink)
    Is there a MIDI learn button anywhere? If so, you go through a dance of clicking the learn button, clicking the item you wish to manipulate in your synth, twiddle a controller dial, click the learn button a second time, and the synth registers the assignment.

Otherwise, use Sonar's Synth Rack. There's a button to open another row for control assignments, which allow you to assign CC# to the published parameters within the VST.

--kwgm
    soundchaser59
    RE: Liquid Instruments Automation? 2008/10/12 16:45:28 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: kwgm

Is there a MIDI learn button anywhere? If so, you go through a dance of clicking the learn button, clicking the item you wish to manipulate in your synth, twiddle a controller dial, click the learn button a second time, and the synth registers the assignment.

Otherwise, use Sonar's Synth Rack. There's a button to open another row for control assignments, which allow you to assign CC# to the published parameters within the VST.

Have not seen a "learn" button, but I will try using the parameter assigns in the synth rack. I think that idea has promise. I'll let you know if it works or not. Thank You!
    kwgm
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2271
    RE: Liquid Instruments Automation? 2008/10/13 19:11:26 (permalink)
    Very good. Have fun!

--kwgm
    soundchaser59
    RE: Liquid Instruments Automation? 2008/10/14 02:12:11 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: kwgm

This worked like a charm! All of it was accesible via the synth rack. I did it I think exactly the way you describe, next thing I know my liquid trombone is sliding notes up and down like the real thing!

Thanks for the perfect tip. The guys at Ueberschall suggested something similar, but they didn't know how to do it specifically in Sonar. They just knew that the sequencer itself could talk to the plug in automation parameters.

Great info!! Gotta love that synth rack!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1