Guitar Tracks 2.0 issue

Author
Leo2112
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7
2008/10/12 21:10:29 (permalink)

Guitar Tracks 2.0 issue

Greetings all:

I'm using Guitar Tracks 2.0 and recently had a hard drive crash requiring a reformat. But when I loaded some saved recording (they were saved as bundle files), I have no sound. I thought saving projects as bundle files saves all the audio data from the project.

Any suggestionis?

Thanks.

-L

4 Replies Related Threads

SteveStrummerUK
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 31112
    RE: Guitar Tracks 2.0 issue 2008/10/13 20:52:00 (permalink)

Hi Leo, welcome to the forum.

Just out of interest, how are you trying to open these bundles - by double clicking the file or by browsing from GT2?

Also, just to clarify, when you say "I have no sound" - is the project opening and do the waveforms appear in the Edit View but you're getting no audio, or is nothing appearing in the Edit View?

Steve

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

Leo2112
    RE: Guitar Tracks 2.0 issue 2008/10/14 00:24:58 (permalink)
    Steve,

Thanks for replying. I was trying to open the files from GT2; I didn't try double clicking on the actual file.

In answer to your other question: yes, the wave forms were present in the edit window, but there was no sound while playing the tracks. Should I be double clicking on the actual file instead? On on the same note, once I save something as a bundle file, can I empty out the audio data directory--those tend to build up rather fast and eat up a lot of hard drive space.

Thanks.

-Leo
    ORIGINAL: SteveStrummerUK

Hi Leo, welcome to the forum.

Just out of interest, how are you trying to open these bundles - by double clicking the file or by browsing from GT2?

Also, just to clarify, when you say "I have no sound" - is the project opening and do the waveforms appear in the Edit View but you're getting no audio, or is nothing appearing in the Edit View?

Steve

SteveStrummerUK
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 31112
    RE: Guitar Tracks 2.0 issue 2008/10/14 15:40:21 (permalink)

No problem Leo

If you've got wave forms in the Edit View, it means the bundle file has opened OK - I mention the two ways of opening a file because sometimes, for no apparent reason, right clicking on a file and using the 'Open With' dialogue sometimes works when opening from inside GT doesn't.

Anyway, it sounds like it might be a soundcard issue here Leo.

Can you open up GT2 and select Options>Audio and click on the General tab.

Let us know what you see in the Playback Wave Device and the Record Wave Device fields, what the Buffer Size slider is set to and what figure is given for Effective latency at 44kHz/stereo

Steve

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

Leo2112
    RE: Guitar Tracks 2.0 issue 2008/10/17 09:31:17 (permalink)
    Audio is set for 44 khz. I tried clicking on the file instead of opening from GT2, and it seems to have worked this time.

Thanks for the help.

BTW, once I save everything as bundles, can I empty out the Audio Data directory without a problem? Like I said before, the HD space gets really eaten up when that directory fills up.

-L
    ORIGINAL: SteveStrummerUK

No problem Leo

If you've got wave forms in the Edit View, it means the bundle file has opened OK - I mention the two ways of opening a file because sometimes, for no apparent reason, right clicking on a file and using the 'Open With' dialogue sometimes works when opening from inside GT doesn't.

Anyway, it sounds like it might be a soundcard issue here Leo.

Can you open up GT2 and select Options>Audio and click on the General tab.

Let us know what you see in the Playback Wave Device and the Record Wave Device fields, what the Buffer Size slider is set to and what figure is given for Effective latency at 44kHz/stereo

Steve

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1