MusicLab? What's up with them?

Author
Susan G
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 12016
2008/10/17 00:41:24 (permalink)

MusicLab? What's up with them?

Hi-

They seem to develop one good product after another, only to abandon development and move on. I've given them good money over the years for SliceyDrummer, FillInDrummer, DTPD, and RS/RG, and I've heard nothing from them except vague promises that they're going to implement MIDI Out.

I've posted on their site numerous times over the past several months.

Does anyone know what's going on with them?

-Susan

2.30 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3610QM; 16 GB RAM
Windows 10 x64; NI Komplete Audio 6.
SONAR Platinum (Lexington) x64

3 Replies Related Threads

Guitarhacker
    • Total Posts : 24398
    RE: MusicLab? What's up with them? 2008/10/17 15:19:27 (permalink)
    have you tried jamstix? www.rayzoon.com it does midi out..in that it can write the midi track to what it's playing, as it plays it... I have JS but don't use this feature.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Susan G
    RE: MusicLab? What's up with them? 2008/10/18 01:21:39 (permalink)
    Hi Herb-

It's mostly RG/RS I'm concerned about in terms of MIDI Out, since I'd like to be able to generate written guitar parts, and others would like to be able to send the output to other synths. Sergey at MusicLab replied to me back in July that it would be ready for beta testing "soon", but nothing after that.

I started asking about it in May and we were all told it would be implemented, but with no response to mine and similar threads, I'm assuming RG/RS are dead products. The same thing happened with DTPD: assurances that it was being developed further, then nothing.

MusicLab did post a really good new video tutorial recently, but I think the product is what it is and ever shall be -- excellent for what it does, but IME the developers don't follow through on their promises, unfortunately! This isn't unheard of in the industry, of course, but to lead Users on for months about an update that isn't gonna happen (and this isn't the 1st time they've done this) just sours me to anything they might offer in the future, and I can't recommend their products.

-Susan

Susan G
    RE: MusicLab? What's up with them? 2008/10/21 03:05:05 (permalink)
    Months have passed...

I don't think they're going to do any further development on RS/RG, and that really bothers me because they specifically said months ago that MIDI Out would be implemented, and that it would be ready for Beta testing in July.

Here's what I said to them (as if it matters at this point!:

Hi-

I'm just going to say this once (well, twice, since I'll x-post it on the RG forum), then I'll drop it.

I'm really disappointed that MIDI Out wasn't implemented, and I wish I'd known months ago that it wouldn't be. We certainly were given all indications that it would be, and were even told back in July that it would be ready for beta testing "soon".

I wanted to be able to generate written guitar parts that accurately reflected RS/RG output, and others had other reasons for wanting it. I recently purchased Finale 2009, which is a very sophisticated notation program, but unfortunately I won't be able to use it for notating RS/RG guitar parts since I don't have access to the actual MIDI Output.

Some guitar players do read music! Sorry to see these excellent tools abandoned this way.

-Susan

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1