A couple of Rapture Microhost questions

Author
easttenndoc
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 45
2008/10/17 21:26:53 (permalink)

A couple of Rapture Microhost questions

I apologize in advance if the answers to these are obvious, but I've been putzing around with the Rapture stand-alone microhost and was wondering two things:

1. For sequence and arpeggio patches is there a way to change the tempo? I know within Sonar as a plug-in the tempo changes in response to what the bpm is set to for the project, but what about when using the microhost outside Sonar? I can't seem to figure that one out.

2. Is there a way to set the microhost version of Rapture to receive on only 1 MIDI channel? I'd like to control it on a set channel via the sequencer in my Fantom-X. I suppose I could just use it within Sonar and set the channel that way, but I was wondering if there was a quick way to do it in the microhost without having to load up Sonar, create a project, etc. for those times when I'm just noodling around on my keyboard.

Thanks!

Mike
post edited by easttenndoc - 2008/10/17 21:30:00

2 Replies Related Threads

b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: A couple of Rapture Microhost questions 2008/10/18 07:31:52 (permalink)
    1. Not yet, but there's always hope. You're currently locked to 100 BPM in RP 1.1.

2. The Microhost receives over Omni. But if the Fantom is isolated to its own MIDI Port, you could uncheck all of the other active Ports under the MIDI menu. That's not exactly 'channelized', but it will be segregated. Disable all of the Ports first, and on the second launch, selectively enable the one active Port for the Fantom.

One cool feature to the Microhost is that it appears to 'read' controller messages only over the Port that it's transmitted on. So multiple controller keyboards can be affected independently. Another overlooked feature is 'Record WAV File'. I'll often process a note with Rapture's parameters, and dump it to a .wav editor for cleanup & trimming. Then you can re-import the file to Rapture as an oscillator, loop, or one-shot, and process it all over again.
    easttenndoc
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 45
    RE: A couple of Rapture Microhost questions 2008/10/18 09:32:22 (permalink)
    That's basically what I was guessing, but I wasn't sure. Thanks so much for the help!

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1