a serious question

Author
kavonkavon
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 87
2008/10/18 10:45:36 (permalink)

a serious question

I have a serious question to pose and I can already feel the poop storm of responses and lectures but I have to ask. Does anybody have an origional version of Cakewalk Music Creator (the FIRST one, not 2, 3, 4 or any numers behind it) on a disc with the serial #s and activation code all intact that you don't need anymore? My niece lost my disc and I was furious because now I need it to restore my program. I've been using this for years and I do not want to upgrade, I just want my version that I am using with a clean install. Ever since I installed CWMC 4 and uninstalled it, my effects have been locking up the system and killing my saves for some reason. It never did that before. Thanx, I know I sound crazy but let me know, they don't have any on Ebay so I came back to my old buddies hoping that one of youz might packrat that stuff like I do. I just want my old Cakewalk back. sniff :-(

Thank God for evolution
Kevin Scott Dunn

5 Replies Related Threads

Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    RE: a serious question 2008/10/18 11:17:56 (permalink)
    It's gonna be hard to find that.... best of luck on the search....

But lets address the other part of that post..
    Ever since I installed CWMC 4 and uninstalled it, my effects have been locking up the system and killing my saves for some reason.

If you give us some info about the computer...RAM, speed, operating system and sound card, we might be able to help you get MC4 working so the old MC isn't needed.... I'm sure that would make you happy.....Yes?

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    kavonkavon
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 87
    RE: a serious question 2008/10/18 11:55:44 (permalink)
    no, really, I had CWMC 4 working just fine, I just didn't WANT to get used to it because I finally got comfortable with the old faithful stuff. But in the event that I go back to 4 and have any problems I know I can always count on you guys. We are fortunate to have so many geniuses to lean on in our times of need. Thanx

Thank God for evolution
    Kevin Scott Dunn
    Guitarhacker
    • Total Posts : 24398
    RE: a serious question 2008/10/18 12:27:47 (permalink)
    Man...that's like saying... I like my old "turn the crank" telephone...I know how to use it... waddy mean get a new fangled phone that I can carry around in my pocket....I'll have to learn something new.....

We can help you through this difficult time, hopefully with out to much shock and awe to your brain.....

I like upgrades.... to a certain point myself.

I came to MC4 kicking and screaming about a year ago. I had CW Pro 8 Deluxe. I had paid $350 for it and by golly I was gonna use it on my new computer.... problem was... it didn't like vista.... of XP for that matter... And MC4 used these things called soft synths, all I knew about soft synths was that I hated them... cause I didn't understand them and why couldn't MC4 work like my old faithful CW8? So I bought a firewire interface and proceeded to become frustrated to the point that I set a date on my calander to carry it ALL back to the store if I couldn't get it working. As a last resort, I logged into the forums and poured out my frustrations.... long story short...with the assistance I recieved here, the unknown became known, and I am happily using MC4 to create music.

BTW: two days with a few people here in the forums and I was up and running.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Beagle
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: a serious question 2008/10/18 12:40:18 (permalink)
    yeah - sorry - I feel your pain because I've lost disks of things that I couldn't afford to upgrade. but I think you're really going to have a hard time finding that version.

I have Cakewalk Gold which came bundled with an old Soundblaster soundcard is the oldest version I own.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Robomusic
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: a serious question 2008/10/20 11:24:18 (permalink)
    I might actually have MC 1.0 but i have to be honest, it would not load for me that is why i bought 2003. MC 1.0 was a win 98 program, and i do not think it will work with XP. I know i have MC 2003, but i will dig tonight and see what i have.

What are your computer specs, OS, ram, Processor speed?

The better path is to reload MC 4 and let us help you get it right. You could get online at MT with a couple folks and we can talk it through a tad faster.
    post edited by Robomusic - 2008/10/20 11:28:36

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
    Music Town
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1