License rules

Author
gzuk
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2008/10/18 15:13:01 (permalink)

License rules

Can someone let me know if you can sell/transfer Project 5. Say if someone all ready registered their copy and sold it to me
does Cakewalk allow this? also if I buy V2 do I need to pay the $79 to get V2.5?
Thanks
TG

5 Replies Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: License rules 2008/10/18 17:47:06 (permalink)
    I think the same rule applies - you can't sell licences. So the first questio is no.

If you buy 2 you can upgrade to 2.5 for free. I think (you can check) that you should load 2.0 first, tho.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    techead
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4353
    RE: License rules 2008/10/18 19:41:05 (permalink)
    My understanding of the licensing is that Cakewalk is the sole entity that is allowed to transfer a license. If you purchased a registered product from someone they still hold the license, not you. But contact Cakewalk to be sure.
    Russell.Whaley
    Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2755
    RE: License rules 2008/10/18 22:00:29 (permalink)
    A question that comes up from time to time...

When a person installs the software, there are two checkboxes that must be dealt with before the install will proceed.

The first is that you understand (and accept) that you are only granted license to use the software, not ownership of the software.

The second is that you understand (and accept) that the license is not transferable.

If you don't agree to these terms, you're to stop the installation and return the software for a refund.

So... if a person buys a previously-registered copy of Project 5, he or she is not going to have any access to support or upgrade privileges from Cakewalk.

There are some who think this isn't fair... and maybe it's not, but it's the terms that Cakewalk has for all products, and it's what we have to live by if we want to use the software.

Hope this is helpful.

Russ
    post edited by Russell.Whaley - 2008/10/18 22:07:39

gzuk
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4
    RE: License rules 2008/10/18 23:13:12 (permalink)
    That clears that one up. If you install it you agree to the click through licenses you cannot resell.

This is a excellent forum. This is my second I have posted and I got quick replies both times.

Here goes another question.

If you purchase the download and decide that the computer you installed it on isn't where you want it can you move that license to another machine?
    Thanks
    TG
    Russell.Whaley
    Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2755
    RE: License rules 2008/10/18 23:57:14 (permalink)
    Glad you like the forum! We're pretty laid-back here.

The license allows one person to "use the Product on one personal computer at a time."

There's no problem moving the app from one machine to another OR even having two copies installed (say, one on your desktop and one on your notebook) -- so long as you are using only one at a time. You're not locked into one piece of hardware.

Cheers,

Russ

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1