Location of Dimension Pro Presets in Vista

Author
texasfrank
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 37
2008/10/20 03:52:01 (permalink)

Location of Dimension Pro Presets in Vista

Does anyone know where Dimension Pro stores user created presets in windows vista? I wish to make a backup of the presets since I've spent a fair amount of time selecting my favorite programs.

2 Replies Related Threads

beethoven17
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 422
    RE: Location of Dimension Pro Presets in Vista 2008/10/20 07:56:31 (permalink)
    In my Vista installation of stand-alone Dim Pro (ie not the one that comes with Sonar8) the programs are simply in the Program Files/Cakewalk/Dimension Pro path.

If they've now changed it to follow 'proper' Vista conventions, I'd start by looking in the Users/Yourname/Appdata/Roaming/Cakewalk area.

andrew
    Sonar 8.5 PE,  Saffire LE, Garritan Steinway & Orchestra, EZDummer, Rapture, Truepiano, no voice, little talent
    texasfrank
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 37
    RE: Location of Dimension Pro Presets in Vista 2008/10/20 18:06:53 (permalink)
    Thanks, It was in the Users/Yourname/Appdata/Roaming/Cakewalk/Shared Presets in a folder with a long alpha numeric name. That explains why it didn't come up in any searches for "presets" or couldn't find it in the Cakewalk programs folder which would make too much sense! I went through the trouble of auditioning all of the DimPro presets and found my favorites and definitely want to back up that list in case I ever need to reinstall. FYI I do have the regular version of DimPro not the LE.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1