Studio Instruments

Author
Nutty
Max Output Level: -54.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2056
2008/10/21 18:47:03 (permalink)

Studio Instruments

Hi,

This is my first post on this forum. I just acquired Studio Instruments when I bought Sonar Home Studio 7XL. I'm pretty new to recording, mixing and such. I need to make the bass part for my current project. So, far I've been able to open it..(first step is the most important after all ). I have the bass track ready (in the project), I picked the bass I want. It will show me the notes and everything when I click on the fret. But I don't know what to do from there to make the bass for the song. Is there something like PRV that I'm missing? Is there a tutorial available or could someone walk me through the next steps?

Thanks.

Nutty/Annette

Nutty /Annette
http://www.soundclick.com/atmmusic
Using: Sonar 8 Studio; Band in a Box; PreSonus Firebox; M-Audio Axiom 25; Mics: Audio Technica ATM610, MXL 990/991; M-Audio Studiophile AV 30 Reference Speakers and many guitars

4 Replies Related Threads

RobertB
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11256
    RE: Studio Instruments 2008/10/21 20:26:17 (permalink)
    Annette,
    There are two ways to open SI, as a stand-alone or as a VST.
    Have you inserted it as VST in your project?
    The SHS7 layout is different from what I am used to, so you may find yourself relying on the help files while we catch up.
    You should be able to assign the output of your MIDI bass track to SI Bass.
    Eric has indicated that the I/O options are available in a drop-down menu from your instrument track.
    I haven't seen it yet, so hopefully this gives you a direction to look in.

My Soundclick Page
    SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    Nutty
    RE: Studio Instruments 2008/10/21 21:00:47 (permalink)
    Hi RobertB,

You find me where'ver I go LOL` I posted on the right forum this time though!

I inserted it as a synth. It gave me a new track for the bass. I actually went to the snyth rack so I could open it. Played with a few dials, pushed a few buttoms and that's all I could do.

I don't have the midi and instrument track worked out yet. I know when I open a normal file now I get two audio tracks and 2 "midi" files one for piano and one with drums. So, I don't know for sure what is what there and the instruemnt track is all new to me. All I heard was it was both midi and audio? Is that the piano track or the drum track? I don't know.

So, is that the deal (reading your response again). I have to make a midi track somewhere else and the run it through the SI bass track? Boy am I slow or what???? I thought SI did the whole thing. So, it sort of works like Jamstix (which I havent' been able to figure out yet either). They should have sent SI in a box so I could read the instructions first!

Thanks Bob.

Annette

Nutty /Annette
    Using: Sonar 8 Studio; Band in a Box; PreSonus Firebox; M-Audio Axiom 25; Mics: Audio Technica ATM610, MXL 990/991; M-Audio Studiophile AV 30 Reference Speakers and many guitars
    RobertB
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11256
    RE: Studio Instruments 2008/10/21 21:25:38 (permalink)
    It probably does do it all for you, I just don't know what you should be seeing.
    Eric, any chance you could shoot us some screen shots of expanded tracks?
    I'm kind of blind here.

My Soundclick Page
    SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    Nutty
    RE: Studio Instruments 2008/10/21 22:12:10 (permalink)
    I don't know if this help or not but here is the fully expanded track for the SI bass track I created.

This is a photo of the two new tracks you get when you create a "normal" project. They both look like midi to me, but I don't know anything about the instrument track (yet).

The only way I've found to open SI is through the synth rack. I tried to double click on the piano icon in the track, but that didn't work.

Thanks for your help Bob.

Annette

Nutty /Annette
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1