Dim Pro Proteus Pack... $149

Author
inmazevo
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3276
2008/10/22 00:09:14 (permalink)

Dim Pro Proteus Pack... $149

Anybody else get this email?
That's excellent. Brings the price down to what I figured it was worth.

I'll jump.

- zevo

7 Replies Related Threads

Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: Dim Pro Proteus Pack... $149 2008/10/23 08:49:31 (permalink)
    no I didn't zevo, they don't seem to sell it in the euro shop last time I looked.

I guess they don't like me any more
    TheSteven
    Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2037
    RE: Dim Pro Proteus Pack... $149 2008/11/13 20:17:07 (permalink)
    Feedback from anyone who bought this? good/bad/indifferent

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils" Loius-Hector Berlioz

www.AgitatedState.com MenuMagic - plug-in management powertools!
    My Tunes
    Fog
    RE: Dim Pro Proteus Pack... $149 2008/11/13 21:15:31 (permalink)
    Steven, a few of us spoke about it before on here.

when it was initially priced higher, was a case of old sounds that have been used a LOT , so the price is a bit much (that was my take on it)

of course the emu version of the same sounds.

there isn't an offer in the UK for the bundle , only the separate packs now..

I didn't bother in the end and treated myself to komplete... as I didn't want a dongled EMU product, as I've got 1 dongle and thats enough to misplace.
    TheSteven
    Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2037
    RE: Dim Pro Proteus Pack... $149 2008/11/13 22:11:19 (permalink)
    Fog,

I think I'm going to pass as well. I'm not really hurting for sounds right now, just the free time to do something with what I got.

Thanks for the reply.
    ...Steven

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils" Loius-Hector Berlioz

www.AgitatedState.com MenuMagic - plug-in management powertools!
    My Tunes
    Trusty
    Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 590
    RE: Dim Pro Proteus Pack... $149 2008/11/14 11:14:35 (permalink)
    I use the Proteus Pack. I love it. I have no idea why people think the sounds are "old". Most Roland Fantom's and Korg M3's are carrying 75% of the same sound samples in their ROMs that the SR-JVs and Trinity's had...

The Proteus Pack is easily worth the current sales price, and the normal asking price as well. The sounds are very high quality, and the Dimension Engine can make these sounds "new" again.

And I have no idea where this dongle thing comes from. E-Mu products have dongles, Cakewalk products don't...and the Proteus Pack is a Digital Sound Factory product in cahoots with Cakewalk...so there is no dongle.

When you consider that a single E-MU rack module of one of these usually has a hardware value over the regular $299 price on eBay still, so this is a no brainer. And remember, these sounds aren't just converts either, the SFZ files converted from the original E-MU format have been set up as Dimension .prog files with sound design from Dimension's engine added to replicate as close to the original sound as possible. I owned the original hardware and had the ROMs (even the Protean ROM) of all of these in the racks I had, and they do sound close, and in many cases better.

Of course, I use Dimension Pro as my main ROMpler, so I am familiar with using the envelope generators to get the most expression out of my samples...

The best thing about this package for Dimension Pro owners is that it completes and fills the many gaps in the stock library.

I use them extensively, and on my most recent album the Proteus Pack sounds are everywhere... and "old" sounding is not what most people would call my album. Probably not your type of music, but you can hear some tracks on the myspace pages below.
    http://www.myspace.com/crosssoldiers
    http://www.myspace.com/trustystickybeats
    Fog
    RE: Dim Pro Proteus Pack... $149 2008/11/16 10:50:34 (permalink)
    Trusty I realise the cake thing didn't have the dongle , hence why EMU was mentioned.

the price difference was there also.. if you check the price of the separate official packs compared to the cake ones.. well there was a bit of a difference

besides there is the free proteus player with some of the sounds and I've not looked into it, but it probably loads up the add on disks.

of course the hardware unit will be expensive as it's dedicated hardware.

http://www.vintagesynth.com/emu/proteus2k.shtml

it's coming up to it's 10th birthday.... most studios I went to had a 2k , as well as the standard JV-1080 etc.. so a lot of the music listen to did have stock sounds used in it as they were the 2 main modules a lot used. my friend will keep a rack or synth just for 2 sounds even, and he owns a silly amount of them.

what would be cooler is if emu made a VST with it, BUT added new stuff much as korg did with the M1 etc. (for me that's more tempting to buy) and was cheaper at the time.

Milt
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 781
    RE: Dim Pro Proteus Pack... $149 2008/11/16 11:13:47 (permalink)

[

Of course, I use Dimension Pro as my main ROMpler, so I am familiar with using the envelope generators to get the most expression out of my samples...
    Hey Trusty, I've been trying for a long time to figure out how to shorten the attack on strings in Dimension, and cannot get it right. You seem very knowledgeable about Dimension, how is it done, or can you point me to a reference? The manual is not much help. Thanks for your time! Milt.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1