Two Projects?

Author
Nutty
Max Output Level: -54.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2056
2008/10/23 21:27:01 (permalink)

Two Projects?

Does SHS 7Xl have the "allow two projects" feature? I thought SHS 6 had it, so it would be in 7, but I can't find it.

Thanks.

Annette

Nutty /Annette
http://www.soundclick.com/atmmusic
Using: Sonar 8 Studio; Band in a Box; PreSonus Firebox; M-Audio Axiom 25; Mics: Audio Technica ATM610, MXL 990/991; M-Audio Studiophile AV 30 Reference Speakers and many guitars

14 Replies Related Threads

SteveStrummerUK
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 31112
    RE: Two Projects? 2008/10/25 12:00:09 (permalink)

I can't find it either Annette, here's the 'gap' where it was in HS6's Global>General options:

What with the disappearing Track Inspector and Track Manager - I'm beginning to have some serious reservations about the new dumbed-down HS

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

GrottoRob
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 677
    RE: Two Projects? 2008/10/25 13:11:02 (permalink)
    I nominate Steve as a beta tester!
    SteveStrummerUK
    RE: Two Projects? 2008/10/25 13:41:13 (permalink)

LOL - Thanks Rob

"Beer Good" - I like your style

GrottoRob
    RE: Two Projects? 2008/10/25 15:04:40 (permalink)
    *hiccup*

Beagle
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: Two Projects? 2008/10/25 18:55:55 (permalink)
    From the comments from Samara to Rob in the PM and the several "missing" features, its seems that cake has decided to distance SHS more from the full featured Sonar than it has been in the past. these features which are missing are ones that would make the product more "home user" like instead of something someone could use in a commercial production. it seems a difference in philosophy.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    GrottoRob
    RE: Two Projects? 2008/10/25 19:08:34 (permalink)
    Yes- and-

Aren't "they" charging roughly the same $ for a (severely) limited current version than they were for HS6? From an upgrade standpoint is one thing, but a noob would be better served by buying HS6.....Feature set seems WAY better.............JMHO

Rob

BTW- Hey, Beagle.....How's it hangin'?
    Beagle
    RE: Two Projects? 2008/10/25 19:12:50 (permalink)
    Good to "see" ya Rob! how's life?

SteveStrummerUK
    RE: Two Projects? 2008/10/25 19:20:28 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Beagle

From the comments from Samara to Rob in the PM and the several "missing" features, its seems that cake has decided to distance SHS more from the full featured Sonar than it has been in the past. these features which are missing are ones that would make the product more "home user" like instead of something someone could use in a commercial production. it seems a difference in philosophy.

That's absolutely fine with me Reece.

But surely the product should be advertised as such - it's all well and good listing all the great new features as Samara did in the sticky thread but these announcements should not be made in isolation.

As a customer, I feel I've as much right to be informed that the Track Inspector is being dropped as I have that the Step Sequencen is being added!

GrottoRob
    RE: Two Projects? 2008/10/25 19:21:39 (permalink)
    Getting there.....

Some Stuff

You outta update yer pic with some Halloween type stuff.....Keep it seasonal?
    Rob
    GrottoRob
    RE: Two Projects? 2008/10/25 19:23:38 (permalink)
    Simul-Post, I guess-

Again, What Steve Said........
    SteveStrummerUK
    RE: Two Projects? 2008/10/25 19:40:23 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: GrottoRob
    Aren't "they" charging roughly the same $ for a (severely) limited current version than they were for HS6? From an upgrade standpoint is one thing, but a noob would be better served by buying HS6.....Feature set seems WAY better.............JMHO

Yup - can you imagine how this sort of thing would be received over in the SONAR forum though Rob

Beagle
    RE: Two Projects? 2008/10/25 20:39:02 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: SteveStrummerUK

But surely the product should be advertised as such - it's all well and good listing all the great new features as Samara did in the sticky thread but these announcements should not be made in isolation.

As a customer, I feel I've as much right to be informed that the Track Inspector is being dropped as I have that the Step Sequencen is being added!

No argument from me! I completely agree that full disclosure should have been advertised BEFORE the release.

SteveStrummerUK
    RE: Two Projects? 2008/10/25 20:50:43 (permalink)

No argument from me! I completely agree that full disclosure should have been advertised BEFORE the release.

Reece, I can't for the life of me understand why they'd try to shaft the loyal (happy) customer with this sort of shabby treatment.

In my very humble and maybe naive opinion, it looks like HS7 is a complete spit in the face to HS6 users and is directed at new users.

If the dumbing down is supposed to create a product for a new user group then that's fine by me, but I think us loyal users deserve something better.

SongCraft
    Max Output Level: -36 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3902
    RE: Two Projects? 2008/10/25 23:17:16 (permalink)

Reece, I can't for the life of me understand why they'd try to shaft the loyal (happy) customer with this sort of shabby treatment.

In my very humble and maybe naive opinion, it looks like HS7 is a complete spit in the face to HS6 users and is directed at new users.

If the dumbing down is supposed to create a product for a new user group then that's fine by me, but I think us loyal users deserve something better.

Your opinion is not naive at all. IMHO this is a kick in the guts to loyal customers who have purchased HS6/XL because it leaves certain issues unresolved (minor bugs from long ago that the update patch 6.2.1 didn't fix) yet the alternative "HS7" is more like a down-grade that looks like a cheap version of Garageband. No I won't duped into that!!

I thought about SONAR 8 PE or SE edition and even though I was looking forward to upgrading to S8 I don't think I will!

Cakewalk has lost a sale! I am very disappointed that CW has misled their loyal customer base and with their so called unparalleled support.

Ver.6 will suffice, I work-around easily enough and get the job done.

As for SONAR.8 PE and SE editions? CW better hope they get that update patch right or their will be more disappointments and kicking their heels are competitors who all seem to be taking a step forward not backward.

And what about a new version of Project.5 ??

Yet another disappointment!!

I'm sorry to be blunt! I just can't help being honest and it's MHO afterall, I don't expect everybody to agree and I don't mean any disrespect toward CW as I sincerely wish them great prosperity.
    post edited by SongCraft - 2008/10/25 23:26:19

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1