<control> and <global> opcodes

Author
Vovchik
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 847
2008/10/24 07:43:56 (permalink)

<control> and <global> opcodes

What is the difference betwen <control> and <global> opcodes in sfz format? Is it possible to gather several <groups> into <global> "groups" same way we gather <regions> into <groups>?

<global>
___<group>
_______<region>
_______<region>
___<group>
_______<region>
_______<region>
<global>
___<group>
_______<region>
_______<region>
___<group>
_______<region>
_______<region>

If It Ain't Broken, Don't Fix It

3 Replies Related Threads

chad
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 468
    RE: &lt;control&gt; and &lt;global&gt; opcodes 2008/10/24 09:30:05 (permalink)
    What is the difference betwen <control> and <global> opcodes in sfz format?

Specifying a <control> section allows you to use specific 'control' opcodes such as "default_path" and "octave_offset". You can see the <control> section used in some of Dimension Pro's Multisample content. The <global> section is reserved for any opcodes that you want to persist throughout all <groups>, and all <regions> within those. Using the <global> section could save you some time and code by specifying certain parameters only once. For instance if you are working with wavetables using this code you'd only have to specify "Oscillator=on" once:

<global>
    Oscillator=On

<group>
    lovel=1 hivel=64
    <region> sample=mysupersinewave.wav
    <region> sample=mysupersinewave.wav

<group>
    lovel=65 hivel=127
    <region> sample=mysupersawwave.wav
    <region> sample=mysupersawwave.wav

Is it possible to gather several <groups> into <global> "groups" same way we gather <regions> into <groups>?

You should only use <global> once. You have unlimited groups, so just use as many as you'd need.

Vovchik
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 847
    RE: &lt;control&gt; and &lt;global&gt; opcodes 2008/10/24 11:07:18 (permalink)
    Thank you, that's what I wanted to know about <global>. And how about <control> - can I use it more than once?

If It Ain't Broken, Don't Fix It
    chad
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 468
    RE: &lt;control&gt; and &lt;global&gt; opcodes 2008/10/25 14:08:27 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Vovchik

Thank you, that's what I wanted to know about <global>. And how about <control> - can I use it more than once?

No, <control> is only meant to be used once to set global offset, sample path, and CC.

Hope that helps!

- Chad
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1