channel routing?

Author
willyh
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 39
2008/10/24 14:01:52 (permalink)

channel routing?

ok, please bare with me the following question(s). how should i route the channels to the submix and main mix? on the intrument/vocal track the output says to the master fader, but what about the stereo sends? can someone help me understand this? i included a pic of my mix. i circled the bass guitar and drew an arrow showing that it does have its on send, but its not in the pic. is this correct or is the channel next to it correct? some suggestions appreciated, thanks.

1 Reply Related Threads

ohhey
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11676
    RE: channel routing? 2008/10/24 14:18:53 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: willyh

ok, please bare with me the following question(s). how should i route the channels to the submix and main mix? on the intrument/vocal track the output says to the master fader, but what about the stereo sends? can someone help me understand this? i included a pic of my mix. i circled the bass guitar and drew an arrow showing that it does have its on send, but its not in the pic. is this correct or is the channel next to it correct? some suggestions appreciated, thanks.

Unless you have a reason to use submix buses you can just set all channels to go to the main bus. If you want to use submix buses you send the channels you want to go to that bus to it and then send the submix bus to the main bus. Just like on a hardware mixer.

However, if you need submixes for monitoring or other reason that will not go back to the main mix then use an aux send to send a "copy" of each channel you want to those buses.

post edited by ohhey - 2008/10/24 14:29:23
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1