Presonus FaderPort with S8PE64 on Vista 64

Author
seriousfun
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 641
2008/10/25 17:20:36 (permalink)

Presonus FaderPort with S8PE64 on Vista 64

Is anyone successfully using the Presonus FaderPort with S8PE64 on Vista 64?

I have a fresh install of Vista 64, installed with the FaderPort connected (that may be a part of the problem). 4GB RAM, RME Multiface PCI with latest drivers

The FaderPort is recognized in Device Manager - drivers were installed - and works fine in Reaper (the only other FaderPort-capable app I own), and continues to work fine on my still-existing WXP 32-bit partition. My Behringer BCF2000 worked great out of the box. I expected a learning curve with V64, and I didn't disappoint myself, but core functionality of stability and speed with recording applications is much better than with WXP (some drivers and programs are flaky).

FaderPort is recognized as a MIDI in and out in SONAR, and I have checked the boxes.

In the Control Surface dialog, I can add a CS choosing Presonus FaderPort, and assign the FaderPort MIDI in and out. When I click OK, the list of installed CSs includes one with "(Presonus FaderPort)" in parenthases, no MIDI in or out assigned and no WAI color assigned (no ACT is assigned, for good reasons I guess). I can assign them there, but they don't stick once I close the dialog. The Options|global|MIDI Key Aftertouch and Channel Aftertouch don't stick, as well. This fails even if I remove all other MIDI devices and drivers, uninstall the FaderPort completely before reinstalling, and trying every combination of driver install that I can think of.

The FaderPort doesn't respond in S8, doesn't light up, etc. I have upgraded to the latest firmware. I have corresponded with Presonus - they sent me two .dlls to put in the Shared Surfaces folder, one intended for 64-bit and one for 32-bit, and neither make the FaderPort work.

I'm sure Presonus is ready to blame Cakewalk and Cakewalk is ready to blame Presonus, but I'd like to get this working.

Has anyone else got this working?
post edited by seriousfun - 2008/10/25 20:17:47

Doug Osborne

3 Replies Related Threads

CJaysMusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 30423
    RE: Presonus FaderPort with S8PE on Vista 64 2008/10/25 18:08:00 (permalink)
    Here ares oem links to maybe help you
    http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=1340691&mpage=1&key=presonus%2C64bit�
    http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=1446221&mpage=1&key=presonus%2C64bit�
    There are more if tyou do a search. I use the faderport in 32bit windoews. Im in no hurry to go to 64bit. 4gigs of ram is enough for me
    Cj

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
    Audio Blog
    seriousfun
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 641
    RE: Presonus FaderPort with S8PE on Vista 64 2008/10/25 19:15:42 (permalink)
    I read those.

Irrelevant.

Other hardware works great.

Thanks anyway, CJ, OK

Doug Osborne
    CJaysMusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 30423
    RE: Presonus FaderPort with S8PE on Vista 64 2008/10/25 19:34:30 (permalink)
    Yea, other hardware, exept the faderport. so it looks like a driver issue. Just because they have 64bit drivers, does not mean they work. It just means they have them
    Cj
    post edited by CJaysMusic - 2008/10/25 19:38:04

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
    Audio Blog
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1