UVI Workstation will not open

Author
silvercn
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1238
2008/10/26 18:54:11 (permalink)

UVI Workstation will not open

Hi - does anyone maybe have some clues as to why UVI Workstation (and Native Instruments - Kore PLayer for that matter) that appear to download okay, will not open, giving me an error message " UVI Workstation has encountered a problem and needs to close, we are sorry for the inconvenience"

Their tech guy (with UVI) suggested that I may need an updated Pace (interlok)driver, but I am pretty sure one downloads with the Workstation. I have downloaded the "Interlok Win 32 bit drivers installer" - or is this not the pace driver itself???? and it still does not work. Need help please, don't like to pass up good / free downloads like this !!!

ps - UVI did work on my laptop - don't know why, and that is a waste since my DAW is on my desktop - oh yeah Win XP.

Thanks

3 Replies Related Threads

kwgm
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2271
    RE: UVI Workstation will not open 2008/10/26 19:00:50 (permalink)
    Well, that's probably it.

I remember reading Spectrasonics having trouble with Vista and the Mac OS with their products running under UVI, which is why Omnisphere is hosted on a proprietary host.

Atmosphere doesn't require a dongle -- you register once and that's it. I didn't realize that other systems using UVI did.

--kwgm
    silvercn
    Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1238
    RE: UVI Workstation will not open 2008/10/26 20:14:23 (permalink)
    okay - think I get it now. Have been wondering what a "dongle" is since I've seen the word before...Google'd it this time - the small gizmo that looks like a jump drive that is needed to use a software... but even with that I wonder why UVI did open on my laptop with no dongle?! If this is the case, the UVI site sure did not make it very clear that this was required or I am blind! Hey thanks
    ew
    Max Output Level: -57 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1837
    RE: UVI Workstation will not open 2008/10/26 21:18:08 (permalink)
    The UVI plugins use PACE, but I'm not sure if all of them need an iLok dongle; I'm thinking that some of them just use an eLicensing version and have the authorization key on your drive.

As for the Kore plyer, that one I can probably help you with; I moderate both the Kore and Kore player forums on the NI site. Did you run it in standalone right after the install (or the recent update) and before trying to use it as a plugin for the first time? I'm guessing you didn't...

Run the Kore player in standalone. Close it, reboot and do a reset all from Sonar's plugin manager. See if that fixes it.

ew
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1