SHS7 - Nice Features

Author
SteveStrummerUK
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 31112
2008/10/27 06:28:29 (permalink)

SHS7 - Nice Features

In fairness to Cakewalk and to maintain a balance, can anyone who likes any of HS7's new features list them here.

For me, the 'Exclusive Solo' option is a great idea.

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

4 Replies Related Threads

alvie
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 208
    RE: SHS7 - Nice Features 2008/10/27 07:53:47 (permalink)
    The inclusion of the Step Sequencer was a plus for me.
    The instrument track also because it reduce the clutter in the track view.

Alain
    Sonar X1 Producer Expanded (64 bits) 
    Windows 7 (64 bits) 
    Intel I7 / 8 MB
    UA-4FX, EMU XBoard49, AT-2020 
    http://parseq.alvie.ca/ 

mau65
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 84
    RE: SHS7 - Nice Features 2008/10/27 07:57:38 (permalink)
    Hi SteveStrummerUK (great nickname !),

i'm working in these days at my first song with HS7 XL, so i'm still in a "testing" way, but i can tell you why i'm an happy customer.

First, let's say i've used Home Studio 9 for about 40/50 songs, back in the Win 98 days; after, i've switched to Cubase SE 3 and Pro Tools LE 7.4 after a period of creative pause. I also have HS4 XL that i've used to edit my old projects created with HS9, but for some reason, i've had some problems with it so switched to other sequencers.

Now i'm back to Cakewalk. Why ? Because it's the most friendly sequencer i've ever used. After dealing with the complexity of both Cubase and Pro Tools, i've my attention focused on music again. I can use my favourites audio editor (Sound Forge Audio Studio 9) to detailed editing, i can apply audio effects without problems, the piano roll is the most effectice i've ever used.

The upgrade prices are very honest and, finally, i don't have to deal with proprietary hardware and key dongles.

I'm lucky enough, no problem with serial and registration: i've found all on my account page.

What i like ? The new interface: it's very elegant, and well organized.
    The bundled plugins: Studio Instruments are not the same you can bought directly from Cakewalk, they has new and more powerful sounds.
    Dimension LE is very good and Boost plugin seems to be really useful.
    Step Sequencer is funny for me, i'll not use this often, i prefer yo use my midi keyboard Oxygen 8 V2, for the type of music i play (rock blues with soul-funk influences). But works very well...
    In-line midi eting: it's a fast way for a piano roll editing type, it's a bit confusing for me now, but with the on line help, i'm learning how to use it.

Last, is fully compatible with my E-MU 0404 pci card: no problem at all, until now.

there's another feature not related to HS7 but with Cakewalk products in general: this is the most friendly forum i've found in the net. Great resource, it's a must. Try to post something on the DUC (Digi user conference), tell they you're a newbie... RTFM it's one type of kind reply you can expect. I hate this attitude. Expecially if is related to a software that it's NOT made for a Windows platform although you can install it ! (pardon my ot rash...)

Hi to everyone and be patience: patches will arrive soon !

alvie
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 208
    RE: SHS7 - Nice Features 2008/10/27 08:12:34 (permalink)
    I forgot the new PRV Mouse Tool Configuration.

Alain
    Sonar X1 Producer Expanded (64 bits) 
    Windows 7 (64 bits) 
    Intel I7 / 8 MB
    UA-4FX, EMU XBoard49, AT-2020 
    http://parseq.alvie.ca/ 

SteveStrummerUK
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 31112
    RE: SHS7 - Nice Features 2008/10/27 08:14:00 (permalink)

Hi Maurizio, glad you like the name - it's my tribute to my teenage hero, Joe Strummer.

It's great news you like HS7 though - nobody is really doubting it's a good program I'm sure, it's just that it's not when compared directly to HS6.

I think this is a valid complaint which is being addressed in the other thread so we'll stick to the good stuff here

Steve

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1