MIXING HELP ASAP ON CHRISTMAS ALBUM Reply soon!!!

Author
jfmusic38
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 21
2008/10/30 12:32:14 (permalink)

MIXING HELP ASAP ON CHRISTMAS ALBUM Reply soon!!!

Hello,
I need some help ASAP on a Christmas album I am mixing for to present to local radio station in IL. If you can help your name and company will be in the credits and we can draw up a agreement to do so. Please reply ASAP

Please make sure to visit my site

24 Replies Related Threads

epillarbox
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 634
    RE: MIXING HELP ASAP ON CHRISTMAS ALBUM Reply soon!!! 2008/10/30 13:37:50 (permalink)
    What kind of help are you looking for?

Laurence
    jerry@macwood.com
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 324
    RE: MIXING HELP ASAP ON CHRISTMAS ALBUM Reply soon!!! 2008/10/30 13:42:16 (permalink)
    I love Christmas music how can I help? Jerry@macwoodmusic.com

Jimbo 88
    Max Output Level: -57 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1828
    RE: MIXING HELP ASAP ON CHRISTMAS ALBUM Reply soon!!! 2008/10/30 14:00:07 (permalink)
    Do you need help mixing or do you need songs? Every Christmas I record a song or 2 or 3 with my children who are both exellent singers. Some songs are good and some not much, but all are entertaining. I have a big assortment of Christmas songs and most are public domain. I have a bunch of Christmas instrumentals also.

By the way, I live in Illinois.
    post edited by Jimbo 88 - 2008/10/30 14:05:00
    jfmusic38
    RE: MIXING HELP ASAP ON CHRISTMAS ALBUM Reply soon!!! 2008/10/30 14:08:42 (permalink)
    To all that repied I need help mixing songs.Sorry if I did not make the message clear. I have to have things completed asap. Here is the project breakdown:

I need help mixing about 5 songs (All songs are smooth jazz sound. I would ask that each one have an idea of smooth jazz sound)
    All songs are less that 10 tracks
    I would ask that you would download free version of www.pando.com. This software lets you transfer big files over the net.
    I would ask that you send session back as bun file.
    And I would write up a agreement for credits recognition.

If this works than I can send one session today. Thanks
    Gerald Jerry Patrick Wood I would like to hear what you have. I also have a publishing company and I do review music..

papa2004
    Max Output Level: -10.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6475
    RE: MIXING HELP ASAP ON CHRISTMAS ALBUM Reply soon!!! 2008/10/30 14:12:27 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: jfmusic38

Hello,
    I need some help ASAP on a Christmas album I am mixing for to present to local radio station in IL. If you can help your name and company will be in the credits and we can draw up a agreement to do so. Please reply ASAP

1) I might be wrong but I believe that most experienced mix engineers, particularly at this time of the year, would probably be more interested in seeing their "name and company" on the "Payable To" line of a check instead of as a "credit" in the liner notes of an album being presented to a "local radio station".

2) What software did you use to track the album?

3) Is there a "special" project (Make-A-Wish, a Children's Hospital, a local charity, etc.,) that will benefit from any of the proceeds received from album sales? The answer to that question might invalidate point #1.

4) Have you considered contacting any local studios to help with your needs?

5) What exactly are your plans for the "album"? Obviously it's a "seasonal" item. What's to become of it next year (or the ensuing years)?

You haven't provided much information. I wish you success in your endeavors but you're really "pushing the envelope" by waiting til now to start finalizing details for a Christmas release (you do realize that radio stations typically start playing holiday music right around Thanksgiving?).

Regards,
    Papa
    papa2004
    RE: MIXING HELP ASAP ON CHRISTMAS ALBUM Reply soon!!! 2008/10/30 14:20:58 (permalink)
    For the record...I really wasn't intending to sound condescending or negative in the above post...It's just that your OP was so vague and you just joined these forums today...
    post edited by papa2004 - 2008/10/30 14:25:08

Regards,
    Papa
    gutterbumber
    • Total Posts : 33
    RE: MIXING HELP ASAP ON CHRISTMAS ALBUM Reply soon!!! 2008/10/30 14:29:34 (permalink)
    This sounds like standard Craigslist fodder: "Complete a highly specialized and skilled task for free and we'll tell everyone that you did it!"
    space_cowboy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 9813
    RE: MIXING HELP ASAP ON CHRISTMAS ALBUM Reply soon!!! 2008/10/30 14:32:20 (permalink)
    How do I get a Christmas song published? I have the ultimate Christmas Spy song. THink Sleigh Bells meets Peter Gunn

Da da da da da da da da
    Da da da da da da da da
    Sleighhhhhh belllllls
    Da da da da da da da da
    Rinnnngggginggg
    Da da da da da da da da
    Oh yes its lovely weather for sleigh ride together with you
    Da da da da da da da da
    Da da da da da da da da

Man that goes together like Saucsage and Jelly.

I need someone who can get a really growly sax part down though.

Some people call me Maurice

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!
    papa2004
    RE: MIXING HELP ASAP ON CHRISTMAS ALBUM Reply soon!!! 2008/10/30 14:34:23 (permalink)

To all that repied I need help mixing songs.Sorry if I did not make the message clear. I have to have things completed asap. Here is the project breakdown:

I need help mixing about 5 songs (All songs are smooth jazz sound. I would ask that each one have an idea of smooth jazz sound)
    All songs are less that 10 tracks
    I would ask that you would download free version of www.pando.com. This software lets you transfer big files over the net.
    I would ask that you send session back as bun file.
    And I would write up a agreement for credits recognition.

If this works than I can send one session today. Thanks
    Gerald Jerry Patrick Wood I would like to hear what you have. I also have a publishing company and I do review music..

Your myspace site says you're planning on selling the CD. Your songs are also available to be purchased as downloads. What does the mix engineer receive?

Regards,
    Papa
    papa2004
    RE: MIXING HELP ASAP ON CHRISTMAS ALBUM Reply soon!!! 2008/10/30 14:36:31 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: space_cowboy

How do I get a Christmas song published? I have the ultimate Christmas Spy song. THink Sleigh Bells meets Peter Gunn

Da da da da da da da da
    Da da da da da da da da
    Sleighhhhhh belllllls
    Da da da da da da da da
    Rinnnngggginggg
    Da da da da da da da da
    Oh yes its lovely weather for sleigh ride together with you
    Da da da da da da da da
    Da da da da da da da da

Man that goes together like Saucsage and Jelly.

I need someone who can get a really growly sax part down though.

"Ho, Ho, Ho!"

Regards,
    Papa
    Guitarhacker
    • Total Posts : 24398
    RE: MIXING HELP ASAP ON CHRISTMAS ALBUM Reply soon!!! 2008/10/30 14:46:53 (permalink)
    Something don't sound right about that OP. Says he's a publisher and reviews music.... then he should also have a studio he works with locally on demo's and they should be able to mixthe tunes for him.... why come here looking a mixing engineer....? Mixing engineers don't hang out here...least not to my knowledge....

BTW: most Christmas stuff is recorded and mixed in the summer...months ahead of Christmas.... November is to late to start a Christmas project....unless it's for NEXT year.
    post edited by Guitarhacker - 2008/10/30 14:52:15

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    jfmusic38
    RE: MIXING HELP ASAP ON CHRISTMAS ALBUM Reply soon!!! 2008/10/30 14:48:29 (permalink)
    I rejoin the forum with my new e-mail today. I don't have money to pay out at this time. People do at times what to get recognition on albums if there is no money in it at the time. I am doing this project as a smooth jazz artist and I am looking for help from those engineers that don't have egos and who is not real busy and would like to get there feet wet on a project. Now and I am not asking those kind of engineers that have done mixing for some of ever label and big star in music today, but those who just love music and would like to get involved in a project that will hit mainstream. Please reply if you can help with a project like this.
    jfmusic38
    RE: MIXING HELP ASAP ON CHRISTMAS ALBUM Reply soon!!! 2008/10/30 14:54:30 (permalink)
    Now we all know that we as artist have to start somewhere. I never said I was a million a year publishing company. HAHA. Lets think folks!!! I do have a small publishing company that does review music. I have work with engineers heard at this forum times in the pass.

gutterbumber
    • Total Posts : 33
    RE: MIXING HELP ASAP ON CHRISTMAS ALBUM Reply soon!!! 2008/10/30 15:16:12 (permalink)
    Apparently wanting to get paid for your work means you're an egomaniac!

Wherever you live I'm sure they have a community college with a small recording department. Go bother them.
    jamesg1213
    • Total Posts : 21760
    RE: MIXING HELP ASAP ON CHRISTMAS ALBUM Reply soon!!! 2008/10/30 15:23:20 (permalink)
    Might be an obvious question, but why can't you mix it yourself?

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
    jfmusic38
    RE: MIXING HELP ASAP ON CHRISTMAS ALBUM Reply soon!!! 2008/10/30 15:27:00 (permalink)
    Thanks jamesg1213 for the questions. I am real busy doing other things and need help.

Good day
    jfmusic38
    RE: MIXING HELP ASAP ON CHRISTMAS ALBUM Reply soon!!! 2008/10/30 15:35:01 (permalink)
    Some people have noting to do but find people they can bother. Listen if you cant help me with this project dont waste time typing messages because I will not waste anymore of my time replying to them. If you cant help just read the message and move on. I guess that makes to much sense.
    jamesg1213
    • Total Posts : 21760
    RE: MIXING HELP ASAP ON CHRISTMAS ALBUM Reply soon!!! 2008/10/30 15:54:31 (permalink)

Thanks jamesg1213 for the questions. I am real busy doing other things and need help.

Good day

OK, understood. Your stuff sounds nice btw, very smooth.

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
    Randy P
    Max Output Level: -44.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3070
    RE: MIXING HELP ASAP ON CHRISTMAS ALBUM Reply soon!!! 2008/10/30 16:50:22 (permalink)
    Just wanted to be the first to chime in here while OP is getting his "chestnuts roasted".

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Cheerily yours
    Randy

http://www.soundclick.com/riprorenband

The music biz is a cruel and shallow money trench,a plastic hallway where thieves & pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side. Hunter S. Thompson
    GottfriedMind
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 51
    RE: MIXING HELP ASAP ON CHRISTMAS ALBUM Reply soon!!! 2008/10/30 17:14:58 (permalink)
    My first question:

"I need some help ASAP on a Christmas album I am mixing for to present to local radio station in IL."

Aren't all the radio stations in Illinois local?

Seriously, though, JFmusic38 (because you seem gosh-darned serious enough yourself, and I too can claim Illinois birthing rights, as well as Sonar user-age)....This
    Christmas tape thing seems to have you bummed, so allow me to interpret some of the gibberish that has already been so rudely suggested by the above posters.

I really don't think they're getting the cut of your jib, but I'm picking up what you're throwing down.

You're on a deadline. Correct? Probably a Christmas party at the Elks, VFW or Holiday Inn. This is no common party, though. This is a special party that your girlfriend
    has arranged with her boss, and $500 is a lot of money in Decatur.

All we need is one good mix, and then we're in. Correct, JFmusic38?

Something to play a little guitar, or keys, to? Maybe hum a few bars of "Frosty" or "I'll Be Home for Christmas", feed from the awesome "Chicken, Lasagna and
    Roast Beef" buffet, then settle back into your couch, $500 check in hand, until the Spring "Company Games" picnic that you're likely to score a big fatty for.....Due
    to all of
    your
    hard work at the Christmas party.

Get it?

Sorry for the crass response. I have nine Christmas songs in the tank of my own for this year's Christmas tape.

(I still call it a tape.....)

I started doing Christmas tapes in 1983. Only reason I run Sonar 5, (yes, 5), now.
    This year's tape is almost finished, save the guitar, bass, vocal, and silly tracks.

(By the way, we've accumulated about 130 silly songs, and, if I may say, a few are fairly funny, a few are fairly touching.....)

Let me know if you want a copy of this year's tape, JFmusic38......

I'll figure out the price later, depending on your proximity to Niantic, IL, and the year you graduated......

In the meantime, have a look at this thread: http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=1313169&mpage=1&key=�

Sorry for the shameless plug, but us Illinois dudes should "stick" together.......

Regards,
    Todd

(Edited for late afternoon Vacation Day poor grammar......)

And, then some.....

post edited by GottfriedMind - 2008/11/14 17:08:42
    jfmusic38
    RE: MIXING HELP ASAP ON CHRISTMAS ALBUM Reply soon!!! 2008/10/30 18:08:02 (permalink)
    Thanks for all the replies good and bad... I will get this project done in the month of November
    jerry@macwood.com
    RE: MIXING HELP ASAP ON CHRISTMAS ALBUM Reply soon!!! 2008/11/04 19:23:43 (permalink)
    Do you have an ftp site I can just log onto and download the bun file I really don't have time to mess with pando?

Send me an email jerry@macwoodmusic.com This email is whitelisted on my computer so it will bounce a reply back to you. Just reply to teh bounce back to get through.
    jfmusic38
    RE: MIXING HELP ASAP ON CHRISTMAS ALBUM Reply soon!!! 2008/11/05 11:05:02 (permalink)
    I will send it in you send it.

Jeremiah
    jerry@macwood.com
    RE: MIXING HELP ASAP ON CHRISTMAS ALBUM Reply soon!!! 2008/11/13 02:36:13 (permalink)
    Dude I asked you not to send it via pando It's a file sharing program and it will put things into my computer I do not want . it's ftp or nothing else for me! sorry!

You can always send me a cdr or dvd with teh music!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1