Recording on GT3 Pro just stops

Author
vic_vega
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2008/10/30 13:17:39 (permalink)

Recording on GT3 Pro just stops

Hi All,

I just got GT3 Pro up and running on a PC running Vista.

When I record a track, it works fine for between 6 and 15 bars. Then, for no apparent reason, the recording will simply stop.

Any idea what is causing this?

Thanks!

6 Replies Related Threads

SteveStrummerUK
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 31112
    RE: Recording on GT3 Pro just stops 2008/10/30 14:17:14 (permalink)
    Hi there Andrew, welcome to the forum.

There could be any number of things causing your problem, we'll need some details about your set-up to enable us to try and narrow it down.

Let us know what the name of your soundcard is, and some specs on your PC, such a CPU type and speed and how much RAM you're running with.

If you're unsure as to where this information is, your soundcard's name will be shown if you double-click the Audio Properties (loudspeaker) icon in your system tray; your PC specs can be found by clicking Start, then right clicking on Computer and selecting Properties.

Although you've got it up and running, Guitar Tracks isn't supported in Vista. To give it a familiar environmnet to work in, you'll want to set it up to run with Administrator rights in compatibility for Windows XP (SP2).

To do this, right click on the GT launch icon and choose Properties; open the 'Compatibility' tab and check the 'Run this program in compatibility mode for' box, in the dropdown list, select 'Windows XP (Service Pack 2)'. Lower down, check the box next to 'Run this program as an administrator'.

Steve

post edited by SteveStrummerUK - 2008/10/30 14:27:52

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

Jumhed
    • Total Posts : 8
    RE: Recording on GT3 Pro just stops 2008/10/30 19:29:01 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: SteveStrummerUK

Hi there Andrew, welcome to the forum.

There could be any number of things causing your problem, we'll need some details about your set-up to enable us to try and narrow it down.

Let us know what the name of your soundcard is, and some specs on your PC, such a CPU type and speed and how much RAM you're running with.

If you're unsure as to where this information is, your soundcard's name will be shown if you double-click the Audio Properties (loudspeaker) icon in your system tray; your PC specs can be found by clicking Start, then right clicking on Computer and selecting Properties.

Although you've got it up and running, Guitar Tracks isn't supported in Vista. To give it a familiar environmnet to work in, you'll want to set it up to run with Administrator rights in compatibility for Windows XP (SP2).

To do this, right click on the GT launch icon and choose Properties; open the 'Compatibility' tab and check the 'Run this program in compatibility mode for' box, in the dropdown list, select 'Windows XP (Service Pack 2)'. Lower down, check the box next to 'Run this program as an administrator'.

Steve

Doesn't work with Vista? I never knew that! Admittedly, I've never plugged my guitar in, only played with Hammerhead and samples given away with 'computer music magazine', putting together sonic experiments in preparation for the 'guitar moment'.

Does it not work at all in Vista?

I thought I hated Vista when Audiophile wouldn't release a Vista driver for the 2496 soundcard that my friend gave me, but now I know the true meaning!

post edited by Jumhed - 2008/10/30 19:33:07
    SteveStrummerUK
    RE: Recording on GT3 Pro just stops 2008/10/31 09:26:47 (permalink)

Jumhed

Just to clarify - GT3 does work in Vista - some have it working OK without running it in compatibility mode, but it just seems to run better for most of us like that.

I said it isn't supported in Vista - basically this means Cakewalk haven't updated the program and put 'Vista' as one of the 'recommended' operating systems on the box.

Steve

Jumhed
    • Total Posts : 8
    RE: Recording on GT3 Pro just stops 2008/11/01 07:18:00 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: SteveStrummerUK

Jumhed

Just to clarify - GT3 does work in Vista - some have it working OK without running it in compatibility mode, but it just seems to run better for most of us like that.

I said it isn't supported in Vista - basically this means Cakewalk haven't updated the program and put 'Vista' as one of the 'recommended' operating systems on the box.

Steve

There's such a fine line between clever and stupid....

Remind me to read the posts properly!

Thanks for that, and i like your avatar!
    SteveStrummerUK
    RE: Recording on GT3 Pro just stops 2008/11/01 09:37:34 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Jumhed

Thanks for that, and i like your avatar!

Thanks, lest we forget...

vic_vega
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: Recording on GT3 Pro just stops 2008/11/01 22:07:45 (permalink)
    Hi Steve,

Thanks. Here is the info. I know Vista isn't "supported" but I did check the forums to make sure people were running it without a problem before I upgraded.

Core 2 Duo 2.00GHz
    2 GB of RAM
    Creative SB X-Fi sound card

I will try the compatibility mode when I use GT again this weekend.

Andy

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1