What presets to get Judas Priest "British Steel" sound

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
SteveStrummerUK
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 31112
RE: What presets to get Judas Priest "British Steel" sound 2008/11/03 17:54:55 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: dug dog

Will you share your Gearbox settings?

Here you go Doug, as promised - these are how I'm set up for 'Living After Midnight' - currently still a Work In Progress

For my KK Downing rhythm parts:

In the chain, the 'Stomp' effect (shown) is a distortion pedal, the compression is fairly light, the EQ has quite a lot of middle left in it, the 'Modulation' is a mild chorus and the 'Reverb' is very light.

For my Glenn Tipton rhythm parts:

In the chain, everything is much the same as the other part, except I've scooped out some of the mids.

I used these settings to get the recorded tone for the guitars, in Home Studio I add some compression with the PSP Vinatge Warmer to add a little more 'roundness' to the sound.

Click on THIS LINK to hear the tones - the first part is using the KK Downing settings, the second the Glenn Tipton part and the final section is both guitars mixed together.

Hope that helps

Steve

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

dug dog
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 93
RE: What presets to get Judas Priest "British Steel" sound 2008/11/04 20:01:45 (permalink)
Hey Steve: Super cool of you to post those shots. Helps me get started in the right direction as I'm none too experienced with dialing in different guitar sounds.

Edit : I checked out some of the other stuff on your soundclick page. I'm nowhere near the metal fan I was some years ago, so clicked on W.I.P. #6. FWIW, I think that tune is definitely worth working up a bit more. Cheers. But, I digress from the original post.
post edited by dug dog - 2008/11/04 20:12:52
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1