New MusicLab RS/RG Updates - MIDI Output!

Author
Susan G
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 12016
2008/11/03 02:01:04 (permalink)

New MusicLab RS/RG Updates - MIDI Output!

Hi All-

I've been waiting for this for the longest time, and it's finally here!

Definitely worth the wait. If you didn't get an e-mail, you can contact them at supportbox@musiclab.com, or check out their forums.

Here's what I posted over there [Subject: MIDI Out - Well worth waiting for!, with light editing]:

This is great!

So far I've tried both RS and RG in SONAR and REAPER.

It does exactly what I'd hoped it would do:

1. I can use the RS/RG output as an input for other synths. There are many applications for this, but so far I've just used it to double guitar sounds using other synths. Endless possibilities, though, really.

2. I can finally create readable guitar parts! I've only scratched the surface here, but the results are already passable in SONAR, and I'm sure they'll be excellent in Finale!

Thanks so much, MusicLab!

-Susan

2.30 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3610QM; 16 GB RAM
Windows 10 x64; NI Komplete Audio 6.
SONAR Platinum (Lexington) x64

3 Replies Related Threads

JonD
    Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3617
    RE: New MusicLab RS/RG Updates - MIDI Output! 2008/11/06 14:06:48 (permalink)
    Thanks, Susan!

I'm glad you posted this, I certainly didn't get an email from them, nor have I seen news in any other forum.

Cheers,
    JD

SonarPlat/CWbBL, Win 10 Pro, i7 2600K, Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, 16GB DDR3, Radeon HD5450, TC Electronic Impact Twin, Kawai MP11 Piano, Event ALP Monitors, Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, Too Many Plugins, My lucky hat.
    Susan G
    RE: New MusicLab RS/RG Updates - MIDI Output! 2008/11/06 14:21:00 (permalink)
    Hi Jon-

Apparently it's not an official release yet? The e-mail I got said:
    We are glad to inform you about new update for RealGuitar/RealStrat for PC and Mac platforms. This update includes one new feature - MIDI output to host and several bug fixes.
    and included links, but I don't see an official announcement either.

I did e-mail them to beta-test it, so maybe theirs was in response to that, but the subject wasn't the same, so now I'm totally confused! The e-mail I got was dated 11/1, and I haven't seen any MusicLab presence on their forums since 10/31.

At any rate, if you e-mail them at supportbox@musiclab.com with your serial #(s), I'm sure they'll send you the links.

Here's Konstantin's post from 10/31:
    Hi Everybody,

I'm sorry for keeping silence so long. I would like to inform you about new version 2.2.1 update for RealGuitar. This update includes one new feature - MIDI output to host and several bug fixes. If you are interested to test this update, please send your request to supportbox@musiclab.com with subject "RealGuitar 2.2.1 update", don't forget to include your serial number and computer specifications. Please post your test results/opinions/suggestions here. Thank you!

There's also a 1.1.1 update for RealStrat that includes MIDI Out.

-Susan

Susan G
    RE: New MusicLab RS/RG Updates - MIDI Output! 2008/11/06 15:31:27 (permalink)
    Ok, both updates have been officially announced as of today:

http://www.musiclab.com/

-Susan

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1