Volume Fades - How to?

Author
brianthesnail
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 51
2008/11/03 10:50:49 (permalink)

Volume Fades - How to?

Hola! Can someone tell me how i execute a volume fade on a piece of audio eg for an outro? And how about on the whole project?

If its something to do with automation, can you talk me thru it point by point?

Thank you, Brian

Dell Core 2 Duo 2.0, 2 gig Ram, Edirol UA-25, PCR m-50, P5v2.5, Sonar 6 PE, Rapture, Z3ta, Toxic, Sytrus

3 Replies Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: Volume Fades - How to? 2008/11/03 12:45:52 (permalink)
    Mr. snail,

automation is the easiest way. Arm automation for the track or the master (I think - I haven't used the master out for automation). Assign it to a controller or just use the mouse. Record the automation with the physical changes and voilá. More awkward to my mind than tail fades or envelopes in SONAR etc., but so simple it seems wrong.

hope this helps - I'm going from memory here.

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    PaintedBlue
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 651
    RE: Volume Fades - How to? 2008/11/03 13:09:44 (permalink)
    The other, more complicated approach is to create an automation pattern containing the volume fade automation curve, then insert the pattern on any tracks that need to fade out. You can right-click the track name and select Create Layer to create a new layer to work with so the automation pattern does not overlap your other track data.

With this approach, the pattern can be edited later, allowing the changes to be applied to many tracks at once. To create the pattern, perform the following steps:

1. In the Editor, click the New Pattern button.
    2. Change the pattern name to "Fade Out."
    3. Set the size of the pattern using the Pattern Length control or by positioning the red end marker.
    4. Select the Automation Tool.
    5. Select Outputs | Volume from the automation parameter dropdown list.
    6. If necessary, set the Note Size resolution and enable or disable Snap To Grid.
    7. Draw the volume automation curve. Hold SHIFT while drawing to create a straight line. The parameter value is displayed in the tooltip as you draw.
    8. If desired, right-click the target track name, and select Create Layer to hold the automation pattern.
    9. Select the target track/layer, and click the Send button in the Editor. CTRL+drag the pattern to copy it to other tracks/layers.
    brianthesnail
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 51
    RE: Volume Fades - How to? 2008/11/04 11:15:30 (permalink)
    Many thanks!

Dell Core 2 Duo 2.0, 2 gig Ram, Edirol UA-25, PCR m-50, P5v2.5, Sonar 6 PE, Rapture, Z3ta, Toxic, Sytrus
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1