{NEW SONGS}-UNA ANVENTURA, DEJAME LLORA

CHECK IT OUT AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK

http://www.myspace.com/royalflowproductions

OR http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=883517

2 Replies Related Threads

Legion
    Max Output Level: -55.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1986
    RE: {NEW SONGS}-UNA ANVENTURA, DEJAME LLORA 2008/11/05 13:45:29 (permalink)
    I think it sounds like good ideas for some songs but the mixes needs some tweaking and the singing on "dejame" seems a little off key at times.

On "dejame" the overall mix seems pretty good at my crappy desktop speakers (not in my studio). You could use some eq boost around 2-5 khz on the Cher/T-Pain-effect parts to increase speech comprehensability. Also I would ad some beef to the kickdrum. Sweep it between 55-85 hz with a high Q eq to find the sweet spot, then lower Q and boost a few dB. Like the rythm in the beat.

On "aventura" there is some muddy freq's in the vocals. Usually they are between 250-400 hz so sweep with a high boost EQ to find them and then cut where it sound boxy/muddy. Here as well I would ad some meat to the kick and maybe the bass as well but make sure you don't boost the same freqs. If you boost the kick at 80 hz cut some on the bass there and raise it an octave up or down instead (probably up since you wont hear 40hz on most systems... ). Maybe raise both kick and bass some as well. Also, to me, the strings seem to loud they grab all attention when they appear. I would lower them pretty much and maybe try a slow attack compressor to give them a little bit of bite in the attack? (An idea is to run the strings through an amp emulator as well, it can produce very interesting results and make them sound sampled from some old record).

Looking forward to hear if you work with them a little more.

Sadly very reduced studio equipment as it is... ASUS G750J, 8 gb RAM, Win8, Roland Quad Capture.
    jamesyoyo
    Max Output Level: -40.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3460
    RE: {NEW SONGS}-UNA ANVENTURA, DEJAME LLORA 2008/11/05 13:52:43 (permalink)
    Love the beat.
    Kick needs a more prominence. Make it hit -9 to -12 db consistently and you will get your rump moving.
    Singing needs tightening up as well as pitch correction.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1