UK DAW Builders

Author
jamescater
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 175
2008/11/07 11:54:26 (permalink)

UK DAW Builders

Are there any UK based DAW builders that are in the same league as Jim and Scott ?

5 Replies Related Threads

mgh
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8594
    RE: UK DAW Builders 2008/11/07 12:07:44 (permalink)
    not that i know. a couple are Rain and Scan, they seem pretty expensive when compared to ADK and StudioCat, you might get a better response by posting at www.soundonsound.com/forum in the PC Music section...

Memorare debut album 'Philistine' available now http://blackwoodproductio...philistine-digipack-cd
    strikinglyhandsome1
    Max Output Level: -3 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7224
    RE: UK DAW Builders 2008/11/07 12:09:25 (permalink)
    Quite a few stores do them - they are not done by employees and a 'how to build a DAW book'

They farm them out.
    Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: UK DAW Builders 2008/11/07 12:19:07 (permalink)
    tricky really , there are a few but I'm a bit hhmm to recommend any in case they go the way of clarrion (vanish)

depends on your budget also.

3xs systems, scan make them.. dv do some and a few more.

Willy Jones from cake has tested a few systems which you can get here in the UK... I think he tested a HP server type quad core a while back it was mentioned in a newsletter, which places like www.ebuyer.com sell, obviously you'd have to add a sound card.

http://www.cakewalk.com/PCresource/default.asp

the HP one is this one >

http://www.cakewalk.com/PCResource/desktop.asp

I used to work on the mac side of things in the UK (not directly for apple), of course the company that I worked for I'd rather not mention as I left due to them using PC parts and charging way over the cost prices. When me and my friend who worked there setup systems they were good to go, no messing around with removing extensions , driver conflicts etc. We did get the odd machine back , because some idiot had loaded up a load of rubbish to make it run like a zx81. When we shipped a machine we explicitly told customers to get another machine or a dual boot if they wanted to use the rig for gaming etc.

the last machine I bought was a part build , I mean it was a ready made.. but I upgraded the psu , added more memory , new graphics card and 2 more hard drives.. because bare-bone it would have cost me more for the separate parts. There were a few issues for me, regarding the space in the machine but that wasn't too tricky to solve.
    post edited by Fog - 2008/11/07 12:20:28
    alree
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 186
    RE: UK DAW Builders 2008/11/07 12:27:36 (permalink)
    Philip Rees seems to get good reviews of his machines -
    http://www.philrees.co.uk/

Wookiee
    Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
    • Total Posts : 13306
    RE: UK DAW Builders 2008/11/07 12:34:21 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: jamescater

Are there any UK based DAW builders that are in the same league as Jim and Scott ?

www.inta-audio.com

These guys supplied me with my latest PC I am very happy. They put all the hardware together, installed the most recent BIOS to the MoBo. They did a test install of XP just to ensure all was OK and then wiped the disks as I was using my own XP lic and installing my own software. However they will do the lot check them out.

Price was most expectable and I got the impression that thye are all into music production in some way or other.

The Wookiee

PC Spec ASUS P5 MoBo, Intel 2.4g Core 2 Quad, 4 Gig RAM, two 250Gig disks, DVD Dual layer Re Writer, TI based Firewire card, and for Audio IF a Saffire Pro 26 i/o.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
    Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
    Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
    Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
    CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1