Viral Outbreak - Reinstalling

Author
space_cowboy
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9813
2008/11/15 23:45:48 (permalink)

Viral Outbreak - Reinstalling

Hi
I bought Viral Outbreak for Rapture (I think it does Dim Pro too). It was a nightmare downloading it (1GB) and there were a few errors in the download. I isolated a wav or two that were corrupt then constructed the directories manually, since the installation program would not deal with the bum file or two.

That was a few months back. I have totally forgotten how I did it. It was not really obvious to me the first time and I am older and more senile since then.

If I have the raw data and the folders that they came in, but a bum installer due to a corrupt wav or two, how can I manually rebuild the directories under Rapture for the VIral thing?

Thanks

Some people call me Maurice

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!

4 Replies Related Threads

Fog
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: Viral Outbreak - Reinstalling 2008/11/16 10:41:36 (permalink)
    I didn't get any installer with mine.. you mean you have an EXE file with it?

in my case it was a case of dragging / dropping the folders .e.g. multisamples / programs to where they should got. I had no exe file to run.

what are the 2 files that say they are corrupt? ask the maker to send you them if you know for sure. I contacted him before, and he is very helpful.

space_cowboy
    • Total Posts : 9813
    RE: Viral Outbreak - Reinstalling 2008/11/16 11:24:40 (permalink)
    Thanks Fog
    I wasnt sure if there was an installer. I had to manually delete two wav files as they had corrupt headers or something like that. It took like 6 times to get one that had that few problems.

Some people call me Maurice

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!
    Fog
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: Viral Outbreak - Reinstalling 2008/11/16 13:59:29 (permalink)
    it does work DP also, but I did ask which was better to install.. and he said Rapture as it's a bit more flexible with the library.

ew
    Max Output Level: -57 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1837
    RE: Viral Outbreak - Reinstalling 2008/11/16 14:15:23 (permalink)
    I'd write Jeremy if I were you; he's probably aware of any potential issues and how to get around them.

ew
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1