Expansion pack WAVs "Not found"

Author
HPHuey
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13
2008/11/18 22:30:01 (permalink)

Expansion pack WAVs "Not found"

I downloaded the two free Expansion Packs and everything appears to be in place, but when I click on them in the D-Pro browser, instead of loading, they say "Not found." I am using a 2 ghz, 2 gb Intel iMac and the base set loads and plays fine. Where the heck is the problem? Is there some special place besides Plug-Ins where it needs to go to BE found? Great sounding synth so far. Any suggestions?

11 Replies Related Threads

HPHuey
    RE: Expansion pack WAVs "Not found" 2008/11/20 12:19:11 (permalink)

In delving deeper, I have found that SOME patches will play and others will not. Apparently, the expansion sets did not fully translate *all* of the WAV files. How did this happen and what can I do to fix it? I liked what I heard, but I sure want the full sets. Suggestions? No, that one won't work; I can't bend over that far!
    kwgm
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2271
    RE: Expansion pack WAVs "Not found" 2008/11/20 14:31:58 (permalink)
    Timing is everything when telling a joke. Use ellipses next time (...) before the punchline.

--kwgm
    madmaja
    • Total Posts : 4
    RE: Expansion pack WAVs "Not found" 2008/11/20 14:46:15 (permalink)
    I am having a simlilar problem, but not with download packs, I have the DVD version.

It seems to be certain samples did not install. Those samples are used in different patches, but I have noticed that the same sample shows up missing in differnet patches.
    HPHuey
    RE: Expansion pack WAVs "Not found" 2008/11/23 13:35:13 (permalink)

I suppose all I can do is delete the expansion packs and try downloading them again. It doesn't look as if anyone at Cakewalk is actually offering suggestions, just announcements. It won't be much of a bargain if ALL of the source WAV files are corrupted or missing from those alleged additions. I sure wish the company would not bother with a forum if they're not going to participate. Calling them gets zero response and e-mail gets almost zero. I say almost only because one guy answered, after I'd tried numerous times and said Pose your questions, which I did. Never heard from him again. If you want usable advice, call Sweetwater. Cakewalk apparently doesn't even have a receptionist, just an automated phone system that loops.
    b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Expansion pack WAVs "Not found" 2008/11/23 14:19:56 (permalink)
    Have both of you installed the Dimension Pro 1.2 update prior to Expansion Pack 1 & 2?
    HPHuey
    RE: Expansion pack WAVs "Not found" 2008/11/23 15:15:30 (permalink)

Yes. In fact, I got v.1.3 for Macs on the disc itself. Could it be that the expansion packs themselves are now outdistanced by base updates? If they were written for 1.0, then of course, they are likely to be out of synch in a couple of key places and thus not loading fully. Happens every time there is an update of almost anything, but there's been no mention of such a change. I've had companies insist drivers were current when they were NOT, so its a possibility. All it needs is a simple response from the parent company and we could know what to do....
    HPHuey
    RE: Expansion pack WAVs "Not found" 2008/12/02 22:23:04 (permalink)
    I guess this board is largely dead. If any Cakewalk techs read it, you would not know from the responses. If the company will not answer a simple query and the other users have no answer, I think that's called being shut out. I hate companies who do this, especially after you BOUGHT their gear in good faith. I COULD have saved the money and just cracked it, but I wanted to be honest and get the updates. No wonder so many steal their software; being honest has no reward after the sale. I sure did not ask for MUCH of one, either, just "Why are your expansions incomplete?" If they won't even answer questions on their own website, welll... I will delete the so-called free expansions and assume I just bought a box, not a ticket to an active company that wants to encourage its buyers. Cakewalk has clearly become so big, existing users have no place, just new customers. Of course, they never answer their phones, either, so I sure won't buy anything else from them. I like Dimension Pro; it has a lot of potential and sounds crisp. Too bad its makers have such lousy bedside manners.
    AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: Expansion pack WAVs "Not found" 2008/12/02 23:56:48 (permalink)
    Huey,

this is a peer-to-peer forum, not Cake support. Try the tech support page if you are not getting the answers you need from us poor sods.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    HPHuey
    RE: Expansion pack WAVs "Not found" 2008/12/03 18:51:27 (permalink)
    Tech support page? Vaporware. I've tried e-mailing and made NUMEROUS phone calls, waiting up to 30 minutes at various times of day. Nada. All I have received is insulting silence. Why do they even post contact info when the door is always shut? Worst support system I ever saw. Its one hell of a condemnation that the RETAILER I bought D-Pro from is more helpful than the host company. Its not unreasonable to want to ask why a download behaves in a corrupted manner. FAQs are rarely helpful; they rarely have a specific answer as such. I don't think I am asking for excessive accomodation to want to have access to tech support. It doesn't seem to exist for real at Cakewalk. So okay, enough energy wasted, but I sure won't buy Rapture after this.
    pryan
    • Total Posts : 7
    RE: Expansion pack WAVs "Not found" 2008/12/03 19:25:26 (permalink)
    That is shockingly bad!!
    I am contemplating upgrading to S8 Producer and Rapture bundled but partly (a big part) to be able to use Dim Pro and Rapture on my mac laptop.
    Would be really interested to hear if a redownload or any other fix works before I drop the cash on the upgrade.
    Tried the Rapture demo for mac today - it was never upgraded to be Leopard compatible so it doesn't work at all!!

Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
    Cakewalk Staff
    • Total Posts : 751
    RE: Expansion pack WAVs "Not found" 2008/12/04 10:09:34 (permalink)
    Hi Huey -

I'm sorry to hear about your Dimension Pro dilemma's.

Regarding support, as noted in our Terms Of Service (TOS) we don't offer technical support through these peer to peer forums.

E-mail support inquiries are most always answered within 48 hours - it is very likely that someone has replied and it was intercepted by a junk or spam filter. If you could PM the e-mail address you used I will look into this further for you.

Thanks

Willy Jones 
    Cakewalk
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1