Updated Yoyo Christmas List

Author
jamesyoyo
Max Output Level: -40.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3460
2008/11/25 15:51:28 (permalink)

Updated Yoyo Christmas List

So after my previous post, I think I have narrowed my soft drum wish list down to three products that I am now demo'ing:
Battery 3
Addictive Drums
BFD2

Battery 3 seems to have a wider assortment of types of sounds, which are great...my only fear is that the "real" drums (Pop Kit in the demo) sound unreal and very disconnected.

Addictive has a great interface and the sounds are good and I love all the snare hits that come with it.

BFD2 has the best sounds (the kick is awesome) but is much more expensive.

So before I send my list to Santa, have I overlooked anything about these three, and/or are my concerns unfounded?

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all...
post edited by jamesyoyo - 2008/11/25 15:52:12

3 Replies Related Threads

twisted6s
    Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2001
    RE: Updated Yoyo Christmas List 2009/01/13 11:47:36 (permalink)
    there are other better acoustic kits in Battery

Core 2 Quad Q9650 3.0 ghz processor, 8 gig ram, 2.5Tb drives, Sonar Platinum, Lynx L22, FMR Audio RNP & RNC, Mackie HR824, Neumann tlm 103, Window 10 64
    https://soundcloud.com/twisted6s/sets/tony-pruden

Jonbouy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 22562
    RE: Updated Yoyo Christmas List 2009/01/13 12:22:31 (permalink)
    James

For you (and me...) I'd list 'em in this order.

1/ B3
    2/ BFD
    3/ AD

All 3 are awesome products so the order is down to my workflow preference and need for flexibility rather than any quality issues. BFD is completely mind blowing quality wise but for me what tips it is that you can use literally anything in Battery from a farty noise made on yer webcam mic to a complete kit made out of the best multi-mic'd libraries it's easy to set up and remap individual drums and you can even use it to trigger basslines and any manner of one shots.

All of 'em have great 'onboard' sound shaping capabilities but I tend to do any compression, fx and such in the more familiar environment of the DAW with the tools I like to use there so most of that stuff is redundant to me anyhow.

Listening to the stuff I've heard you do so far I reckon you'd have far more fun and productivity with B3 than the other 2 get some real good acoustic samples something like Steven Slate's (although there are some good all-rounders included) and other than that the web is full of amazing Electronic blips booms kicks and crashes most of which are freely available. Saving the kits once you have them how you want them is a breeze and tucking 'em up into track templates makes the whole thing bullet proof.

My two pence worth.

"We can't do anything to change the world until capitalism crumbles.
    In the meantime we should all go shopping to console ourselves" - Banksy
    Jonbouy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 22562
    RE: Updated Yoyo Christmas List 2009/01/13 12:26:26 (permalink)
    Blimey

I just realised how old this thread is...lol

"We can't do anything to change the world until capitalism crumbles.
    In the meantime we should all go shopping to console ourselves" - Banksy
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1