SFZ files on a LOOPMASTERS download

Author
brianthesnail
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 51
2008/11/27 07:56:09 (permalink)

SFZ files on a LOOPMASTERS download

Can anyone help here? I've bought 3 download sample CDs from Loopmasters, in the info it mentions SFZ files which, i understand, will enable me to play the samples through Dimension or Rapture?

How does this work? As there are drumkits on these CD downloads, will i find them listed in Dimension or Rapture? Or how do i GET them to appear/be listed?

I have already installed the sample loops in folders that i can browse/review/drag into Project 5, that works fine, but i am not clear that Dimension or Rapture have 'scanned' these new folders for SFZ files (why would they, unless i instructed them to do so, and how would i do that?)

Any ideas, chaps?

Many thanks, Brian

Dell Core 2 Duo 2.0, 2 gig Ram, Edirol UA-25, PCR m-50, P5v2.5, Sonar 6 PE, Rapture, Z3ta, Toxic, Sytrus

2 Replies Related Threads

techead
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4353
    RE: SFZ files on a LOOPMASTERS download 2008/11/27 08:04:20 (permalink)
    By default, Rapture and Dimension Pro each use a subfolder called 'Multisamples' within their installation folders to store the .wav files and .sfz files. The .wav files are of course the actual audio samples. The .sfz files are text files (you can edit them with Windows notepad) which define how Rapture and Dimension Pro should utilize the .wav files. Rapture and Dimension Pro can also save higher level information in .elem (Element files) and .prog (Program/Patch) files.

The Rapture and Dimension Pro manuals have some information about this. Also check out the Virtual Instruments section of the Project5 User Wiki for some tutorials and tidbits. The Instruments Forum has a good deal of information as well but you'll need to use the forum search feature to find the bits that interest you.
    post edited by techead - 2008/11/27 08:05:30
    brianthesnail
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 51
    RE: SFZ files on a LOOPMASTERS download 2008/11/27 10:05:50 (permalink)
    Thanks techead!

Dell Core 2 Duo 2.0, 2 gig Ram, Edirol UA-25, PCR m-50, P5v2.5, Sonar 6 PE, Rapture, Z3ta, Toxic, Sytrus
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1