Mtron Pro Question - Space cowboy you out there?

Author
Duojet
Max Output Level: -62 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1413
2008/11/28 14:02:01 (permalink)

Mtron Pro Question - Space cowboy you out there?

well, I just got my Mtron pro disk. ordered the day of space cowboy posting about it, lol.

one question I had, which I couldn't find in the manual.....does the new library include the old mtron library, or just select banks remastered? If it's only partial, how can you use the full previous mtron library? Do you need to have the old mtron plug installed or can you access the old lib with the new plug?

Thanks!
post edited by Duojet - 2008/11/28 14:03:49

Intel Core2Duo e8400
Abit IP35-E
4GB Ram
Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit
EMU 1820m

DFHS2, BFD2, Battery3, Amplitube2, GuitarRig3, Kontakt4, Ampeg SVX, Line6 PodXT

6 Replies Related Threads

yorolpal
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 13829
    RE: Mtron Pro Question - Space cowboy you out there? 2008/11/28 17:50:11 (permalink)
    Not sure but I think the answer to your questions are yes and maybe. I'm an MTron owner (luv it) but was a bit taken aback at the upgrade cost. Not as a dollar figure but as a percentage of the original price. The original cost only $99. So I'm still thinking about the $75 upgrade. Would really appreciate if, after using it, you think it would be worth it. Keep me posted.

https://soundcloud.com/doghouse-riley/tracks 
    https://doghouseriley1.bandcamp.com 
    Where you come from is gone...where you thought you were goin to weren't never there...and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.

SPLAT 64 bit running on a Studio Cat Pro System Win 10 64bit 2.8ghz Core i7 with 24 gigs ram. MOTU Audio Express.
    space_cowboy
    • Total Posts : 9813
    RE: Mtron Pro Question - Space cowboy you out there? 2008/11/29 13:15:13 (permalink)
    Hi
    Sorry I missed this til now
    Mtron pro has the original soundbanks plus tons more. They are apparently using a similar playback engine as string machine. I have bioth mtron plugs and don't open 1 anymore. Pro is awesome
    My ol pal pro is way different. While 3-4rhs the price of the original you have to admit gmedia is one of the best price performance ratios out there
    Mikey llikes it

Some people call me Maurice

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!
    Duojet
    Max Output Level: -62 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1413
    RE: Mtron Pro Question - Space cowboy you out there? 2008/11/29 13:26:22 (permalink)
    thanks for the replies guys.

Space - I was just wondering if I could delete the original banks to clear space on the HD.

I bought the original mtron for $99 (or possibly less), but I think that is a reduction from the original price when released. not sure about that though. I think when you look at the remastering of some of the original sounds, the additional sounds (approx 100 tape banks), the added features in the VST, I think it's worth it. There is about 1.5GB of added content. Especially considering it's a niche product there's not really much room to go lower and still make money.

Intel Core2Duo e8400
    Abit IP35-E
    4GB Ram
    Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit
    EMU 1820m

DFHS2, BFD2, Battery3, Amplitube2, GuitarRig3, Kontakt4, Ampeg SVX, Line6 PodXT
    space_cowboy
    RE: Mtron Pro Question - Space cowboy you out there? 2008/11/29 20:20:10 (permalink)
    Duo
    The new one cannot read the code for the old one - MIDI yes, but sound - no.

If you delete the old one, you will have to go into the song and redo whatever part you think was there. Save the MIDI from MTron. Use it on Pro

My Ol Pal
    I was eating a bowl of Pho when I saw your question, then took my daughter off to see gators.

The new one allows you to layer sounds. You could layer a flute and a female ahhh and pan one left and one right...
    It has envelopes for the amplitude and the filter, and an LFO and a handful of basic effects.
    There are 25 banks now, including the sounds from the original.

It is not so much an upgrade as it is a totally new instrument.

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!
    yorolpal
    • Total Posts : 13829
    RE: Mtron Pro Question - Space cowboy you out there? 2008/11/29 23:36:41 (permalink)
    Oh alright. I'll get it. I ain't got the sense god gave a goose. I'm nothin but an ol gear whore. Turn away. How can you look at me? Wail, I guess I am kinda purty an all. That ain't no excuse tho. Or is it?

https://soundcloud.com/doghouse-riley/tracks 
    https://doghouseriley1.bandcamp.com 
    Where you come from is gone...where you thought you were goin to weren't never there...and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.

SPLAT 64 bit running on a Studio Cat Pro System Win 10 64bit 2.8ghz Core i7 with 24 gigs ram. MOTU Audio Express.
    space_cowboy
    RE: Mtron Pro Question - Space cowboy you out there? 2008/11/30 08:33:12 (permalink)
    My ol pal
    If you are a gear whore, am I a gear pimp-daddy now?

I have tons and tons of synth plug ins plus a lot of the real things. Funny thing, I am mainly a guitar player. Someone figured out how to lure me down that bottomless pit that is soft-synths. I dont know why I feel I have to control them all like in RISK. Why can't I just hole up in Madagascar?
    ORIGINAL: yorolpal

Oh alright. I'll get it. I ain't got the sense god gave a goose. I'm nothin but an ol gear whore. Turn away. How can you look at me? Wail, I guess I am kinda purty an all. That ain't no excuse tho. Or is it?

I'm nothin but an ol gear whore. Turn away. How can you look at me? Wail, I guess I am kinda purty an all. That ain't no excuse tho. Or is it?

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1