Jamstix As A Sound Module Help

Author
soundchaser59
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 558
2008/12/04 13:23:09 (permalink)

Jamstix As A Sound Module Help

Reading the Jamstix manual, one section makes it seem as though I can use midi tracks (from EZD, for example) to trigger sounds in Jamstix, effectively using Jamsstix as a sound module.

I have an EZD midi track with the midi out routed to the Jamstix input, ands the Jamstix "midi in" indicator is flashing as though it is receiving the midi notes.

But no sound from Jamstix.

I have an audio track set to receive audio output from Jamstix, so what am I missing here? I've checked the Jamstix mixer and output assignments, but I'll check again.

2 Replies Related Threads

Clydewinder
    Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 941
    RE: Jamstix As A Sound Module Help 2008/12/04 14:25:12 (permalink)
    did you load a kit in jamstix?

The Poodle Chews It.

NeuroRon
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 171
    RE: Jamstix As A Sound Module Help 2008/12/04 18:28:22 (permalink)
    I'm not at home at my music computer at the moment, but I have done this a number of times. In Jamstix, you have to put it n the "mode" to act as a sound module - It acts as it's own audio track then. In the past I have generated sounds in Jamstix, exported the MIDI file to another MIDI track in Sonar (where I could edit, etc) and directed the output of that MIDI track to the Jamstix Soft-synth (=audio) track and it works finr - but I hadto switch it to this other mode in the Jamstix GUI.

The RT Project
     i7, 16 gB RAM, 4 X 1.5 - 3 Tb HDs; Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 audio/MIDI interface;Sonar Platinum; Komplete Ult 10; Superior Drummer 2; Various synths, guitars, basses, ukes, etc.  
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1