Mac Pro bootcamp users... 3GB switch working for you?

Author
inmazevo
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3276
2008/12/04 13:57:34 (permalink)

Mac Pro bootcamp users... 3GB switch working for you?

I'm trying to get the 3GB switch to work on my Windows XP Pro 32bit bootcamp install.
Not happening.
I still only have 2GB memory visible.

I remember on my Asus P5B machine, I had to enable memory remapping in the bios for the switch to work.
Macs don't have bios, so that's out.

I can live with it while I'm waiting to put Windows 64bit on the machine, but if anybody knows a way to get the 3GB boot switch working on a Mac Pro, I'd like to hear about it.
Perhaps I have to start reading up on EFI.

- zevo

2 Replies Related Threads

...wicked
    Max Output Level: -1.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7360
    RE: Mac Pro bootcamp users... 3GB switch working for you? 2008/12/04 14:14:38 (permalink)
    I tried it and frakked the machine. I had to get NTFS capability on the Mac side to get in and re-write my boot.ini file. Sheesh.*

*-actually, that didn't work either and I had to do a repair install to get it back.

===========
    The Fog People
    ===========

Intel i7-4790 
    16GB RAM
    ASUS Z97 
    Roland OctaCapture
    Win10/64   

SONAR Platinum 64-bit    
    billions VSTs, some of which work    
    inmazevo
    Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3276
    RE: Mac Pro bootcamp users... 3GB switch working for you? 2008/12/04 15:02:03 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: ...wicked
    I tried it and frakked the machine. I had to get NTFS capability on the Mac side to get in and re-write my boot.ini file. Sheesh.*
    *-actually, that didn't work either and I had to do a repair install to get it back.

Ouch!!
    That sucks.

On mine, it just didn't do anything. It didn't break anything, but it didn't do anything.

Ah well, no matter. I'm just treading water where 32bit OS are concerned anyway, so I'm not too concerned about it.
    Just curious.

Thanks, ...wicked,
    - zevo
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1