Drums

Author
samrhodes
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 19
2008/12/16 17:19:28 (permalink)

Drums

I'm a little frustrated.... All I want to be able to do is create some drums quickly on my projects...

As far as I can tell, there is no support on Sonar 6 Pro, or on SHS4 for this.

Having used Logic Pro 8 today, and had the ability to drag and drop loops of drums across projects that I originally created in Sonar discovered HOW EASY LIFE CAN BE! On Logic there were thousands of audio drum loops, that mostly lasted for 8 bars, that could be previewed easily, and then just dragged into any project that had been recorded, provided I had used the metronome function in Sonar.

Unfortunately, however, I do not own a Mac and therefore can't do this every day of the week.

Is there ANY programme that I can use with Sonar? Does Sonar 8 come with something similar, from what I can tell, it doesn't?

I've also looked into Ableton 7 and that also seems to be lengthy step input for drum sampling with the available 'session drummer'.

Is there any programme out there that I could even just at the very least create everything in Sonar, then export it and blend it together with easy to make drum loops to finish it off?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Sam

P.S. I also have pretty much no money. Credit crunch and all :)

Cakewalk SONAR 6 Producer Edition
Cakewalk Sonar Home Studio 4
Alesis iO2 Audio/MIDI Interface

Dell Inspiron Laptop 1525 + Dual Monitors
Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1
Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 @ 2.4GHz
4.00GB RAM 32-bit OS 320GB

4 Replies Related Threads

Mamabear
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8954
    RE: Drums 2008/12/16 23:40:09 (permalink)
    Session Drummer 2 is very easy to use once you understand how to get it up and running. (and there are a few threads about that in the Home Studio forum)
    post edited by Mamabear - 2008/12/16 23:42:07
    rm5700@optonline.net
    Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 969
    RE: Drums 2008/12/17 09:03:12 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: samrhodes

I'm a little frustrated.... All I want to be able to do is create some drums quickly on my projects...

As far as I can tell, there is no support on Sonar 6 Pro, or on SHS4 for this.

Having used Logic Pro 8 today, and had the ability to drag and drop loops of drums across projects that I originally created in Sonar discovered HOW EASY LIFE CAN BE! On Logic there were thousands of audio drum loops, that mostly lasted for 8 bars, that could be previewed easily, and then just dragged into any project that had been recorded, provided I had used the metronome function in Sonar.

Unfortunately, however, I do not own a Mac and therefore can't do this every day of the week.

Is there ANY programme that I can use with Sonar? Does Sonar 8 come with something similar, from what I can tell, it doesn't?

I've also looked into Ableton 7 and that also seems to be lengthy step input for drum sampling with the available 'session drummer'.

Is there any programme out there that I could even just at the very least create everything in Sonar, then export it and blend it together with easy to make drum loops to finish it off?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
    Sam

P.S. I also have pretty much no money. Credit crunch and all :)

If you made a loop in Sonar, you drag and drop it, or drag it out so it repeats very easily. You don't have to use a different porgram to do that.
    You can also buy drum loops online to use within Sonar, there are some free ones out there too.

Sonar X3 Producer, Toxic Biohazard IV, Rayblaster, Minimonsta, OP-X Pro II, kHS ONE, Melodyne Editor, Saurus, ElectraX, LuSH-101, Gladiator 2, Rapture, Dimension Pro, Wusikstation 7,  Nemesis, impOSCar2, Sampletank2xl, SonikSynth2,  Battery 3,  M-Audio Oxygene 25 and Audiophile 2496   
    http://soundcloud.com/examigan 

Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    RE: Drums 2008/12/17 18:17:15 (permalink)
    Jamstix 2 demo at www.rayzoon.com get this and you'll never sweat another drum track. JS creates a track for you... you simply tell it what kit to use, what drummer you want to play it, and what style he needs to use. JS does all the heavy lifting and presto...you have a new, creative, and easy to work with drum track.

The demo version has a limited kit, and a few other things to keep you honest.... but it will blow you away. I have used it for the better part of a year. I use it on all my original things. It will also follow a pre-written midi drum track... if that's what you want.

My site www.herbhartley.com has a few things I have learned about JS on it, for easy reference.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    rm5700@optonline.net
    Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 969
    RE: Drums 2008/12/24 18:22:40 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Guitarhacker

...you have a new, creative, and easy to work with drum track.

But that's not really creative if it's nearly all done automatically by the program. It does sound easy to use though.

Sonar X3 Producer, Toxic Biohazard IV, Rayblaster, Minimonsta, OP-X Pro II, kHS ONE, Melodyne Editor, Saurus, ElectraX, LuSH-101, Gladiator 2, Rapture, Dimension Pro, Wusikstation 7,  Nemesis, impOSCar2, Sampletank2xl, SonikSynth2,  Battery 3,  M-Audio Oxygene 25 and Audiophile 2496   
    http://soundcloud.com/examigan 

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1