Question for Sonic Synth 2 Users

Author
dmbaer
Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2585
2008/12/26 12:13:14 (permalink)

Question for Sonic Synth 2 Users

I recently installed SS2 and it's working just fine. But I'm running into a wall when it comes to creating combination presets, saving them and having them show up in the browser. I fact, I believe that a bunch of combinations come as part of the package, but they also are not showing up. All I see are the individual patches. Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks.

3 Replies Related Threads

inmazevo
    Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3276
    RE: Question for Sonic Synth 2 Users 2008/12/26 14:07:07 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: dmbaer
    I recently installed SS2 and it's working just fine. But I'm running into a wall when it comes to creating combination presets, saving them and having them show up in the browser. I fact, I believe that a bunch of combinations come as part of the package, but they also are not showing up. All I see are the individual patches. Any ideas, anyone?
    Thanks.

I'm not at my machine right now, and unfortunately hardly ever use Sonik Synth, but:
    I seem to remember the same thing, with either SampleTank OR Sonik Synth (can't remember which one).
    I downloaded the update from IK, and the problem went away.

Sorry, I can't remember which one, and I've never tried saving combi's in Sonik Synth.
    I'll check when I get home and post back.

Take care,
    - zevo
    dmbaer
    Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2585
    RE: Question for Sonic Synth 2 Users 2008/12/29 19:02:48 (permalink)
    Thanks. I finally figured it out. There's a down arrow in the top/middle of the screen that produces a floating menu listing the combi categories. It's easy to confuse that with the list of instruments on the right of the screen.

This is not one of the more intuitive interfaces I've come across. IK's tech. web page is a nightmare. You spend minutes entering all kinds of detailed information, and if you omit one thing, you have to start again from the top. This is not a company I'll likely return to for more software. The doc. is incomplete and sketchy, the interfaces are bad and support is less that what it should be. At least Sonik Synth has some nice sounds in it.
    inmazevo
    Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3276
    RE: Question for Sonic Synth 2 Users 2008/12/30 14:40:47 (permalink)
    Yeah. I can't stand IK's user interfaces. IMHO, they're cluttered and ugly, and less-than-logical.

That said, I'm used to them now, and like them for what they are.
    I have SampleTank, Sonik Synth, and Miroslav.

Sampletank, I like, since it's basically the same thing as my old Roland workstations, but more powerful and in-the-box.
    Miroslav, I like, since it's basically the same thing as my old Roland workstation orchestral expansions, but more powerful and in-the box.
    Sonik Synth... well... I honestly don't use it much. It's not that it's bad, it's that I have a goofy number of synthesizers at this point, and between them they're far more powerful than anything Sonik Synth can do. It's kind of like my Roland workstation synth expansions, which I used before I had "real" synths.

One thing that's really great about their stuff, though, is the number of expansions available, and the periodic group buys.
    If you don't have a lot of stuff, or you need some bread-and-butter stuff, they're a good way to get a silly amount of sounds in front of you, and they definitely sound good (to me).

Glad you figured it out.

- zevo
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1