Go Gators!!!

Author
thefunkystrummer
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13
2009/01/09 09:27:21 (permalink)

Go Gators!!!

Woohoo another national title! Any Gator fans and/or alums in here?

16 Replies Related Threads

The Maillard Reaction
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 31918
    RE: Go Gators!!! 2009/01/09 09:34:18 (permalink)
    I'm a "Nole", but I worked with Tim several times this season... he's one of the nicest most sincere guys on the planet. Coach Meyer is a class act as well. This success could not have happened to a nicer bunch of guys.

Go Gators!

best,
    mike

edit spelling
    post edited by mike_mccue - 2009/01/09 09:35:52

thefunkystrummer
    • Total Posts : 13
    RE: Go Gators!!! 2009/01/09 09:43:58 (permalink)
    You are right. Tim is a rare type of guy. Urban and his team are indeed a classy bunch.
    ba_midi
    • Total Posts : 14061
    RE: Go Gators!!! 2009/01/09 11:40:40 (permalink)
    I do hope the moderator moves this thread to a more appropriate forum.

I never understand why people want to use a SONAR User-to-User forum as a "general chit chat" area. There are other areas for that.

I come here, as thousands do, to give and get help related to SONAR. Not sports, religion, politics, etc.

Please be considerate of that.

Thank you.

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

http://www.ba-midi.com/music/files
    Music gives me life, so I give life Music.
    Thanks for listening - Let's Dance to the rhythm of life! :)
    The Maillard Reaction
    RE: Go Gators!!! 2009/01/09 11:57:50 (permalink)
    :-)

If it makes you feel any better... the Gators paid for my v8 upgrade this year.

dantarbill
    Max Output Level: -57 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1820
    RE: Go Gators!!! 2009/01/09 12:04:17 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: thefunkystrummer

Woohoo another national title! Any Gator fans and/or alums in here?

I'm an LA transplant from South Florida that really doesn't care about football...or the whole Gator/Seminole thing. But I'll take it as an easy excuse to be proud anyway.

Dan Tarbill
    ba_midi
    • Total Posts : 14061
    RE: Go Gators!!! 2009/01/09 12:16:35 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: mike_mccue

If it makes you feel any better... the Gators paid for my v8 upgrade this year.

That's cute, Mike, but I do think it's terribly rude of people to misuse forums.

Imagine people coming into your home and either moving things around, or putting things down any place they want to, without regard to the fact it's your home.
    That is very disrespectful. And I think when people misuse the purpose and intent of this forum, it's just as disrespectful.

Oh well, I'll just remove myself from this thread and let those who choose to be disrespectful continue doing so.

So - yeah, Go Gators, and GO REASONABLENESS

/me removes subscription now

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

http://www.ba-midi.com/music/files
    Music gives me life, so I give life Music.
    Thanks for listening - Let's Dance to the rhythm of life! :)
    Storm
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 808
    RE: Go Gators!!! 2009/01/09 13:37:16 (permalink)
    I really don't understand that viewpoint ba-midi which you have. I have no problem with it and you're free to want some organization. But the reason why is some people consider the other people here to be friends as well. And when you're with you're friends you want to share everything with them.

"Hey, I got a new bike! I named in SONAR!!" (pics to follow!!)

****, it's cool even though I wanted Oklahoma to win that game to show that the Big 12 is where football lives!!!

People consider this SONAR place to be a place where friends gather. I disagree with Cakewalk's viewpoint and yours and it is what it is and I support both viewpoints, but in no way is sharing with friends rude or disrespectful. I'd hate to be in a business environment where we were discussing a latest project in one room and had to go somewhere else to talk a little football for 5 minutes. it's silly.

And honestly, the best forums I've been in have been where we discussed religion, politics, sex, and something related to the forum we were in and we all got to understand our different religions, political views, sexual positions and became friends.

maybe we're not all supposed to be friends here, I don't know. All I'm saying is this thread is perfectly ok in my book to be living in a SONAR Producer forum because a SONAR Producer user is a Gators' fan. He's crazy, but he's a fan! Good for him.
    post edited by Storm - 2009/01/09 13:38:24
    Introspect
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 173
    RE: Go Gators!!! 2009/01/09 16:38:45 (permalink)
    I'm a "Nole", but I worked with Tim several times this season... he's one of the nicest most sincere guys on the planet. Coach Meyer is a class act as well. This success could not have happened to a nicer bunch of guys.

Go Gators!

If it makes you feel any better... the Gators paid for my v8 upgrade this year

Mike

How did you use Sonar on a football player? Or are you talking about working with them some other way?
    Brandon Ryan [Roland]
    Max Output Level: -40.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3458
    RE: Go Gators!!! 2009/01/09 17:16:18 (permalink)
    Please, if you are gonna post things like this (which is fine), do not clutter the SONAR forum and instead use the newly opened Coffee House.

Thanks!
    post edited by Brandon Ryan [Cakewalk] - 2009/01/09 18:15:06
    The Maillard Reaction
    RE: Go Gators!!! 2009/01/09 20:25:39 (permalink)
    "Mike... How did you use Sonar on a football player? Or are you talking about working with them some other way?"

I work as a sound recordist/mixer on TV crews... it pays for all my music gear. This season I was also asked to conduct interviews with the Gators on the rare occasions that the network couldn't get a correspondent down here in a timely manner.

Most of that type of work gets recorded directly to video tape but I occasionally get to drag my SONAR rig along for music performance videos that I get to multitrack.

I never figured out how to make a living on music in my small market. The only people that even appeared to make a living were into some unsavory lifestyles. I avoided that for the most part. I worked for low low pay in music as a live sound guy for a long time... until I felt there was nothing left for me to learn and stay excited about... when I got to that point I realized I was part of the working poor.

When I made the transition to TV and film I found I could finally afford to spend most of my time working with musicians and music. For example I just got back from a load in and a system set up for a show tonight. I drove into town to do it just so I could hang out with my old time buds... I will no longer stay for the whole gig... it's not worth it.

I make more eating lunch on a TV crew than my buds are gonna make working until 3 tonight. I helped load in and patch up gratis... I still love the music and the craft.

Tomorrow, I'll record an traditional Irish Band with SONAR... they're excited to pay me... but they'll have to wait until I bother to send a bill... If I like what they do I'll do it for the love of the craft and let them pay what makes them feel proud... but I really just want to help our area music scene and fill a hole that wasn't there when I was coming up. I worked really hard to be in a position to do so.

Next week I've been asked to white glove a live show for a local all star band... it's very rare I do FOH anymore... but it's the same deal.

That's what I meant.

best regards,
    mike

P.S. Brandon, (and Billy) I hear you. I've been trying to be good and I've been spending a lot more time in the subsections. :-)

edit spelling
    post edited by mike_mccue - 2009/01/09 21:14:45

Phrauge
    Max Output Level: -19.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5562
    RE: Go Gators!!! 2009/01/09 20:31:47 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: ba_midi
    I come here, as thousands do, to give and get help related to SONAR. Not sports, religion, politics, etc.

Please be considerate of that.

As usual, Billy is spot on target and polite.

The Maillard Reaction
    RE: Go Gators!!! 2009/01/09 20:37:21 (permalink)
    I thought he was polite as well. :-)

Phrauge
    Max Output Level: -19.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5562
    RE: Go Gators!!! 2009/01/09 20:50:15 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: mike_mccue

I thought he was polite as well. :-)

BTW, I'm glad someone kicked OU's ass.
    post edited by Phrauge - 2009/01/09 20:53:28
    makinson1
    • Total Posts : 9
    RE: Go Gators!!! 2009/01/09 21:57:05 (permalink)
    I'm a newbie to the forum so please forgive my lack of etiquette in which forum I should be on. I'm sure Mr McCue is correct in what he may have said about the Gators victory in the greatest sport on this planet. College football. Having said that I think it would be virtuous of the Irish Catholic in Mike to do the charitable thing and say a prayer for Mr. ba_midi. After all, he's from New York State. What do they know about college ball. Cornell? Syracuse? Coming from the State that has had the three winningest teams in football for the last 10 years he should be allowed his 15 minutes of celebrating in the endzone.

Go Fighting Irish!!
    The Maillard Reaction
    RE: Go Gators!!! 2009/01/09 22:06:32 (permalink)
    Don't get me in trouble Makinson... we enjoy a self styled civility on this forum. :-)

Be nice! Billy is real good people.

BTW Ritter say's Hi!

makinson1
    • Total Posts : 9
    RE: Go Gators!!! 2009/01/10 20:09:24 (permalink)
    Hey, I love New York and New Yorkers. Read what I had to say about them in the thread about Joshua Bell in DC.
    http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=1596594&mpage=1&key=�

I know this is off topic but I remembered the book that my instructor at the Insitute for Audio Research in NYC, John Woram, wrote. It was Sound Recording Handbook. It was the size of a NY phone book. But it was the bible of the Studio Engineers for years. Worth looking for on half.com or amazon. But not a replacement for the Eargle book on microphones.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1