Melodyne users - what version works well as a plug in?

Author
space_cowboy
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9813
2009/01/23 20:35:33 (permalink)

Melodyne users - what version works well as a plug in?

Seems to be a lot of options over there. What is best? I am looking for something that can work within the DAW environment.

Thanks.

Some people call me Maurice

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!

6 Replies Related Threads

The Maillard Reaction
    • Total Posts : 31918
    RE: Melodyne users - what version works well as a plug in? 2009/01/23 21:02:25 (permalink)
    I asked this very question 1-1/2 months ago.

I bought Melodyne plugin... and now anticipate a free upgrade to the new DNA product which while iniated as a upgrade to plugin has now been renamed and expenade to work both as a plugin and a free standing editor.

The upgrade is not available yet so in the meantime "plugin" seems to be a good choice.

best regards,
    mike

yorolpal
    • Total Posts : 13829
    RE: Melodyne users - what version works well as a plug in? 2009/01/23 21:28:15 (permalink)
    Er...The Plug in?

Otherwise my answer is "splunge".

Works fine here.

ps: Only it wouldn't work on ol Yo Yo Ma. He's too raspy and out of tune. No foolin, Hortense.
    post edited by yorolpal - 2009/01/23 21:33:32

https://soundcloud.com/doghouse-riley/tracks 
    https://doghouseriley1.bandcamp.com 
    Where you come from is gone...where you thought you were goin to weren't never there...and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.

SPLAT 64 bit running on a Studio Cat Pro System Win 10 64bit 2.8ghz Core i7 with 24 gigs ram. MOTU Audio Express.
    space_cowboy
    RE: Melodyne users - what version works well as a plug in? 2009/01/23 21:33:24 (permalink)
    What are the advantages of the others? I don't need to create artificial harmonies. I dont think I need to do polyphonic editing. I dont think I want to play back their samples.

My ol pal
    I am leaving yo ma ma to you. Dont you call her the bear?

Also, what does it do that V-Vocal doesn't? The interface is somewhat similar.
    post edited by space_cowboy - 2009/01/23 21:38:01

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!
    rbecker
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 740
    RE: Melodyne users - what version works well as a plug in? 2009/01/23 22:31:40 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: space_cowboy

What are the advantages of the others? I don't need to create artificial harmonies. I dont think I need to do polyphonic editing. I dont think I want to play back their samples.

My ol pal
    I am leaving yo ma ma to you. Dont you call her the bear?

Also, what does it do that V-Vocal doesn't? The interface is somewhat similar.

I have Melodyne UNO, but not V-Vocal.

There was a very recent thread HERE in which users compared the two. From what I remember, those who used both by and large seemed to prefer Melodyne, but you might want to visit the thread and read for yourself.

I use UNO for simple pitch shifting, minor note stretching and formant modification. I only work on one solo part at a time. It can be used as rewire or stand alone, but I must confess I use it only in stand alone mode now, but have used it in the past in rewire. I had trouble with it as rewire, but I should probably try it again as such since upgrading my system and audio interface. UNO is the second cheapest of their products...$199 or so. I've been thinking abount PlugIn, but they want another $199 for the upgrade.

RJB -Vernon Corv 

"There are 10 types of people in the world...Those who understand binary and those who don't."

My Songs
    ---
    Sonar Platinum
    HD: ST2000DM 001-1ER164 7200RPM
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @3.40 Ghz
    RAM:12.0 GB Memory:2 drives 1 Terabyte each
    Windows 10
    Video: NVIDA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
    Audio: Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
    yorolpal
    • Total Posts : 13829
    RE: Melodyne users - what version works well as a plug in? 2009/01/23 22:34:44 (permalink)
    VVocal is like a tricycle. Melodyne is like a Kawasaki ZXR 1000. That being said, if you don't need to create intricate multilayered harmonies (although you could if you wanted...with a little more effort) then Melodyne Plug-in is for you. They are going to start calling it "Melodyne Editor" when the DNA version is released. That is Satan's tool. The monkey's paw. The Faustian bargain. If YOU DO want to create multi-layered harmonies and such then either Studio or CRE-8 would be the way to go. But I think it's the plug-in for you, my lad. Good 'morrow to you.

https://soundcloud.com/doghouse-riley/tracks 
    https://doghouseriley1.bandcamp.com 
    Where you come from is gone...where you thought you were goin to weren't never there...and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.

SPLAT 64 bit running on a Studio Cat Pro System Win 10 64bit 2.8ghz Core i7 with 24 gigs ram. MOTU Audio Express.
    space_cowboy
    RE: Melodyne users - what version works well as a plug in? 2009/01/23 23:18:08 (permalink)
    Tanks everyone.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1