ADK is hiring

Author
jcschild
Max Output Level: -41 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3409
2009/01/29 21:22:09 (permalink)

ADK is hiring

forum mods if you need to move so be it!

ADK Pro Audio continues to grow.
due to this we are looking to fill a position.
the job requires

1)excellent Sonar skills (but this is not an audio engineering/mixing job) knowledge of many samples
and other daws a bonus.

2) decent working knowledge of computers, we can help you grow this knowledge.

3) knowledge of studio connectivity a must, live sound a big plus

4) sales ability but no agreesive salesman need apply (we like to think that there are NO sales people here)

5) support experiance a bonus, willingness to learn the job a must. (must be good with people)

6) team player is a must, this is more like a big family than a job, plus i already have enough ego and attitude for the whole company.

7) Video editing knowledge a huge plus (we also do video editing systems)

the job is sales/support
this will require relocation if not in our area.

to those who applied a few yrs ago please do so again.

post edited by jcschild - 2009/01/29 21:36:51

Scott
ADK
Home of the Kentucky Fried DAW!

11 Replies Related Threads

Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: ADK is hiring 2009/01/29 21:36:29 (permalink)
    I might be a bit late for the interview (and work).. it's only a 7-8 hour commute
    post edited by Fog - 2009/01/29 21:40:26
    yorolpal
    • Total Posts : 13829
    RE: ADK is hiring 2009/01/29 22:13:44 (permalink)
    Hey Scott, ol pal. First, I thank you for actually being someone who's hiring in this pitiful economic environment. And, of course, your products and support are exemplary. And, to top it off, I know Kentucky and it is a beautiful place to live. Further, you sound like my small business...more of a family than a "bean counter's preserve". But, given your avatar, and for the benefit of those who might want to take you up on your great offer, and in the spirit of full disclosure (and I honestly don't mean any ill will here) does one's religious (or not) affiliation have any bearing on getting hired? Plus, what's the pay range?

https://soundcloud.com/doghouse-riley/tracks 
    https://doghouseriley1.bandcamp.com 
    Where you come from is gone...where you thought you were goin to weren't never there...and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.

SPLAT 64 bit running on a Studio Cat Pro System Win 10 64bit 2.8ghz Core i7 with 24 gigs ram. MOTU Audio Express.
    jcschild
    RE: ADK is hiring 2009/01/29 22:49:59 (permalink)
    LOL

the avatar is due to my employees feel free to join the fray! or was it from when i did support?
    ones religion or lack there of is unimportant i hire the spiritually handicaped err should i say challenged.
    we are about 1/2 and 1/2 here.
    in fact i am rather certain we are all, umm, challenged here... in one form or another. oddest group of peeps you ever saw. self not excluded!

i wont discuss the latter in a forum

Scott
    ADK
    jcschild
    RE: ADK is hiring 2009/01/29 22:51:16 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Fog

I might be a bit late for the interview (and work).. it's only a 7-8 hour commute

yeah but think of the miles you would rack up! and you could always sleep on the flight

Scott
    ADK
    yorolpal
    • Total Posts : 13829
    RE: ADK is hiring 2009/01/29 22:59:47 (permalink)
    Wail, I'm certainly one of the "challenged" variety. But I figured you were an "equal opportunity" sort of employer...as am I, ol pal. I wish you all good luck and, as bad as my little bidness is doin now, wish I could uproot and apply... but I cain't, dern it!

https://soundcloud.com/doghouse-riley/tracks 
    https://doghouseriley1.bandcamp.com 
    Where you come from is gone...where you thought you were goin to weren't never there...and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.

SPLAT 64 bit running on a Studio Cat Pro System Win 10 64bit 2.8ghz Core i7 with 24 gigs ram. MOTU Audio Express.
    The Maillard Reaction
    • Total Posts : 31918
    RE: ADK is hiring 2009/01/30 07:47:29 (permalink)
    Good luck finding a great match for the shop Scot.

I'm really curious... how does the avatar relate to theology?

best,
    mike

Guitarhacker
    • Total Posts : 24398
    RE: ADK is hiring 2009/01/30 08:34:16 (permalink)
    Scott,

Congratulations on having a business that is not only surviving but actually expanding in these tough economic times. Especially since the biz you're in... pretty much depends on discretionary spending.

Whatever you're doing.... you're apparently doing it right.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Zo
    Max Output Level: -25 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5036
    RE: ADK is hiring 2009/01/30 09:58:28 (permalink)
    Hi Scott , i had the oportunity to speak a little with you back one year before , i was lookin for a laptop (clevo 901) and i was really about to get it from you but the fact that i was other seas (i'm from Paris - France) was a problem for the support and waranty.....

So i ended up with a german seller , moved to Htown to make some recording , and the clevo died !!

No with a HP 8710 w mostly because of waranty worlwilde ....

Why this story ? just to let you know that , only with those small discussions on the phone i ended up by thinking , man those guyz really know their job !!

So please consider a UK or France based ADK : bizness will be crazy , i'm telling ya , and producers like me will be able to have a support where ever they are in Europe or US !!

I'm tellin ya , we need people like you here !!

Oh yeah and if you need help or investement , i'm ready for the adventure !! (i'm not talkin about the job , but true investement )
    post edited by Zo - 2009/01/30 10:19:11

For sale  (PM me) : transfert ilok included
    Eventide Ultrachannel make offers
    Softube Summit EQ
    IK Neve 1081 , Neve precision Comp/Lim
    EastWest Goshtwriter
    Soundforge Pro 12

jcschild
    RE: ADK is hiring 2009/01/30 10:59:20 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: mike_mccue

Good luck finding a great match for the shop Scot.

I'm really curious... how does the avatar relate to theology?

best,
    mike

thanks finding someone is much much harder than you would think....

the avatar has nothing to do with theology. yorolpal is hard to understand unless you are from the south the fact i did scares me....

Scott
    ADK
    jcschild
    RE: ADK is hiring 2009/01/30 11:06:51 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Zo

Hi Scott , i had the oportunity to speak a little with you back one year before , i was lookin for a laptop (clevo 901) and i was really about to get it from you but the fact that i was other seas (i'm from Paris - France) was a problem for the support and waranty.....

So i ended up with a german seller , moved to Htown to make some recording , and the clevo died !!

No with a HP 8710 w mostly because of waranty worlwilde ....

Why this story ? just to let you know that , only with those small discussions on the phone i ended up by thinking , man those guyz really know their job !!

So please consider a UK or France based ADK : bizness will be crazy , i'm telling ya , and producers like me will be able to have a support where ever they are in Europe or US !!

I'm tellin ya , we need people like you here !!

Oh yeah and if you need help or investement , i'm ready for the adventure !! (i'm not talkin about the job , but true investement )

thank you!
    we have talked about this several times. in fact at one point we had a guy in the UK all set to do this and was doing it.
    however we had a disagreement about websites (i would not give him access to the code as its my life and i have way too much money in it to allow access)
    we actually had a ADK UK website..

after a short time we parted ways..

i still think about this and i have 1 employee who would love to move to the EU but its more than a logistics nightmare...
    there is also international legal nonsense...

Scott
    ADK
    Fog
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: ADK is hiring 2009/01/30 14:37:25 (permalink)
    Scott, if it was my old boss where I used to work.. then you'd have been wise not to.. Where we both worked , I'm sure he took a copy of the customer database before he left.. but I'd left long before that.

errm with the UK.. well it's a tough market for a few reasons...

1) the import side.. .19%+ from the US on tax to the UK.

2) the competition here is quite fierce in Europe with a lot of companies going for the whole euro market and not just their own area (I think they are trying to copy what a certain supermarket has done)

obviously being the other side of the pond, well tricky to keep an eye on things also.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1