International Shipping

Author
alvie
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 208
2009/02/21 09:51:47 (permalink)

International Shipping

Why Cakewalk offer standard postal service shipping (USPS) for items like books ?

I was interested to buy the Sonar Power 8 bookat 29.99 US until I found that shipping this item with DHL will cost $35. And I know that this kind of shiiping will also have custom fees.

I have ordered books and CD in the US before and have been delivered succesfuly with minimum charge (often 8$ or less).

I have cheched and this book is nowavalible at Chapters at 59.95 CDN.

But it's a shame that we cannot chose the shipping method.

Alain
Sonar X1 Producer Expanded (64 bits) 
Windows 7 (64 bits) 
Intel I7 / 8 MB
UA-4FX, EMU XBoard49, AT-2020 
http://parseq.alvie.ca/ 

3 Replies Related Threads

Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: International Shipping 2009/02/22 20:47:57 (permalink)
    alvie , thats the funny thing with shipping.. I mean I use one company.. but you only get free delivery after £50.. $100 or so..

I guess it's the security aspect as well, as with normal post.. maybe you can't send it registered etc..
    AT
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: International Shipping 2009/02/22 21:15:11 (permalink)
    Probably paper work. I know you have to sign forms to ship to England (this means you, Fog) - probably the same for Canada. it shouldn't add that much, but books are heavy and expensive, so the $8 sounds about right.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    Fog
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: International Shipping 2009/02/23 12:02:18 (permalink)
    AT.. who told you I owned England thats a fib .. was it that pesky Jon / Bristol / Striking / Steve (who apparently owns Wales ) / I can't think wookie would make such a comment (he's met sooty / sweep.. so his word is good)

yep , most countries have them , when I've sent things to Oz I had to list the contents and the rare time I've got things to say the contents etc. gift etc.. same when I ordered sample packs from the US.

Although here I use a web site called find-dvd , that also lists books / cd's / games .. so I never like paying full price for things. I'm suprised other countries haven't got such sites.

I don't think people in the US get the hassle with import taxes? although I'm sure you get taxed other ways to make up for it.. bit like petrol (gas) it's double over here BUT we drive a lot less distance wise I guess , compared to the US / Canada.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1