z3ta registration & versions info

Author
chrom
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5
2009/02/27 12:09:52 (permalink)

z3ta registration & versions info

hi together,

in the response-email of my registration on the cakewalk-site i got an Registration Code, which i have to enter into the software. but i can'nt find neither a place in the plugin to enter it nor a hint in the manual, where to do. where have i to enter it?

i saw the version 1.5.0 / 1.5.3 on your site. but i can't find any information about this versions. where can i find infos?

thanks
chrom

7 Replies Related Threads

Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: z3ta registration & versions info 2009/02/28 12:44:06 (permalink)
    chrom which version are you using?

the stand alone or one bundled with say sonar, and how did you get it. I mean I bought the stand alone as a shop boxed product. In the install process it asked me for my registration and to get the upgrade patch for the stand alone you also need to number.

if it's the shop product look for the yellow sticker on the back of the cd case..

(and before people with the bundled one, which I also got with 7 and 8 PE.. thats the latest one, so no need to worry about the update even though the numbers are like .1 out or something)
    post edited by Fog - 2009/02/28 12:50:11
    chrom
    RE: z3ta registration & versions info 2009/02/28 13:31:32 (permalink)
    the version in the plugin reads 1.41 (which perhaps means 1.4.1) & i can see the serial number cwz3-....
    it is a boxed version with a yellow sticker on the cd case with a serial nr. i entered the number when installing it.
    i registered the z3ta at cakewalk & received a registration code in this format xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx with the advice:

"To complete your Product Registration process, copy and paste the registration code above into the registration screen of your software in the appropriate area and click the 'complete' button."

i can't find such a registration screen???

thanks for your help

perhaps you can have look at my other question: preset-reset, ...
    post edited by chrom - 2009/02/28 13:38:17
    Fog
    RE: z3ta registration & versions info 2009/02/28 13:41:22 (permalink)
    http://www.cakewalk.com/Register/default.asp

chrom, scroll thru the products.. a fair bit down.. and you should be able to sort it.. you get an email back.. if you don't check ya spam folder.

as for your other question, I'm just on my way out the door for a nice (?) long drive up the motorway.. I'll have a look when I finally get in front of my own machine.. hopefully someone might have answered before me (with probably a better answer also.hehe)

chrom
    RE: z3ta registration & versions info 2009/02/28 16:30:25 (permalink)
    hope you had a fine drive.

there is a misunderstanding - like i wrote - i did the registration at their site.
    but their response mail reads that i have to enter the xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx reg code into the plugin.
    Fog
    RE: z3ta registration & versions info 2009/02/28 19:24:16 (permalink)
    I mean I haven't installed the stand alone version of it in a LONG time, I just used the one that came with v7 of sonar pe in the end.

so you did the update and got asked for the number also?

I went for a drive to see a friend (the proud new dad.. who avoids changing nappies) and his girlfriend, just had a baby boy and saw the proud grand mother who gave me an ear bashing about not visiting, but every time I had in the past they were out..hehe anyways I got back.. drive was ok.. I had to do the drive , but that was a slight detour..

errm from what I can recall from memory , I just installed and in the install bit , it asks you for the number.. then I registered.. and got the update patch and applied it. I don't recall it asking for the number in the plugin, on in the installer.. I mean if memory serves it comes up in the about box it's registered to me etc. It's probably 1.5 years since I last installed it (as a stand alone)

I haven't got my z3ta disk /box on me.. and won't be back there for another 2-3 weeks.. maybe someone else with more refreshed braincells can answer and / or email support..

I did have a look @ kvr

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=160344

René is the programmer / maker of it.. the yellow sticker was the only number I needed.. BUT to get the update I think I might have needed to be registered with them first.

chrom
    RE: z3ta registration & versions info 2009/03/02 10:36:29 (permalink)
    thanks for the link. it seems to be, that you only need the serial which i already entered.
    but then the text in the cakewalk-mail must be a fault.

good luck on making your own babies
    b rock
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: z3ta registration & versions info 2009/03/02 16:28:02 (permalink)
    it seems to be, that you only need the serial which i already entered.
    but then the text in the cakewalk-mail must be a fault.
    Hold on to that email. You can run a plugin for 30 days without registering it, then it will stop functioning until you do.

The dialog box that you're looking for should have come up automatically; each time that you launch the synth from a host app (or the Microhost). I seem to recall some others in this forum being in the same situation as you are. As far as I know, there's no way to "force" the registration dialog to pop up. An uninstall / re-install might do the trick.

You should be seeing a dialog box with your serial number already entered into it. Below that, there's a slot to enter / paste your registration number into. After that, you'd hit "Complete", a brief "Thank you" message appears as verification, then you'll never see that dialog again.

I believe that you get one more shot at registration as the 30-day grace period comes to a close.

i can't find any information about this versions. where can i find infos?
    If your z3ta+ resident computer is connected online, here's the easiest way to get up-to-date: z3ta Update Manager.
    If you are truly running version 1.4.1, you may need to update to z3ta 1.5.0 first.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1