z3ta: reset preset, arp&midi & 2fx dlls

Author
chrom
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5
2009/02/27 12:20:19 (permalink)

z3ta: reset preset, arp&midi & 2fx dlls

hi together,

when i change a original preset in the z3ta, how can i get back to the original setting of the preset? choosing another preset and rechoosing the changed preset does not "reset" the setting to its origanl status. it remembers the old status.

can i record the arp-notes to midi? or can i load the arp patterns into a sequencer to edit them in the sequencer?

there are 2 fx-dlls. do you need the first one or is its functionality embedded in the 2. version & only for compatibilty for older songs?

thanks
chrom

2 Replies Related Threads

Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: z3ta: reset preset, arp&midi & 2fx dlls 2009/02/28 13:44:59 (permalink)
    ok.. off the top of my brain.. the fx files.. well you can use the fx part of the synth with your audio .. e.g. the delay / echo etc..

if you haven't done the update maybe do that after registering.. see if it fixes that.

I can't remember it keeping changes though.. I'll have a try later as I said in your other post, I'm just out the door. I'll post back later or tomorrow (I've been up 13 hours already)

b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: z3ta: reset preset, arp&midi & 2fx dlls 2009/03/05 19:13:14 (permalink)
    when i change a original preset in the z3ta, how can i get back to the original setting of the preset? choosing another preset and rechoosing the changed preset does not "reset" the setting to its origanl status. it remembers the old status.
    What you're seeing is called 'song persistence' in the host application. It's a feature (of the host) that allows you to tweak your synth, and have that remembered within the saved host project. Nothing in the synth itself will change, unless you deliberately save over an existing preset. To bring back the original presets, remove z3ta+, then launch it once again. Or, open up a second instance of z3ta+ in the host application.

can i record the arp-notes to midi? or can i load the arp patterns into a sequencer to edit them in the sequencer?
    No, you can't. This comes up every so often, and the only solution is to dig in and re-create the arps by manual means, or audio-to-MIDI.

there are 2 fx-dlls. do you need the first one or is its functionality embedded in the 2. version & only for compatibilty for older songs?
    z3ta+_fx will allow you to run audio through the Effects section of z3ta+. It saves you some CPU over using the whole synth, and selecting Options -> Audio Input Thru. z3ta+_fx2 adds the ability to use the filters, but it will only work in host applications that support sending audio and MIDI to a VST effects plugin.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1