using SI in Sonar 8

Author
david_theory
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2009/03/18 17:27:46 (permalink)

using SI in Sonar 8

I have the next problem:
I created a Midi file for a bass line using Guitar Pro 5 years ago, and I wanted to play it with the Studio Instrument-Bass Guitar, so I am doing the following:

1.) Import the midi file to a empty midi track in Cakewalk Sonar 8 Producer Ed.
2.) click on Insert -> Soft Synths -> Studio Instruments -> SI-Bass -Guitar , and checked the option "First Synth Audio Output" and "Synth property page" to open the properties.
3.) after that I can play the bass with the mouse on the property window that appears, and everything looks good.
4.) I set the output of the bass midi track to 1-SI-Bass Guitar 1. and Input= Omni. Also on the SI-Bass Guitar track I set input to SI-Bass Guitar 1 Primary Output, and I set the Output to the Speakers.
5.) when I playback the midi there is no sound! and after this there is no sound neither when I play the bass with the mouse on the SI-Bass Guitar property page! So I restart the SI-Bass guitar on the Synth Rack and again I can play with the mouse (with sound)...So what is happening when I playback the midi? Any ideas?

2 Replies Related Threads

RobertB
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11256
    RE: using SI in Sonar 8 2009/03/18 20:46:09 (permalink)
    Try creating a fresh track with the PRV or a keyboard.
    Also check the MIDI events in the file that you are using. My guess is there is some data that is setting the velocity to 0, or some such.
    Your settings appear correct, so the file is somewhat suspect.

My Soundclick Page
    SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    david_theory
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: using SI in Sonar 8 2009/03/19 13:48:46 (permalink)
    Thanks!, just like you said , there were some strange events in the midi file, I deleted them and it worked. :D
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1