'Shut Up & Sing' (the movie)

Author
ed97643
Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1610
2009/03/21 19:35:03 (permalink)

'Shut Up & Sing' (the movie)

*This is not a political post **

Interesting: I just watched the 2006 movie about the Dixie Chicks "ups & downs" called 'Shut Up & Sing'. Some thoughts:

- I'm not a big country music (or Dixie Chicks) fan, but I thought it was a compelling movie that all musicians (regardless of political stripe) would enjoy.

- I came away impressed with their talent at singing and playing.

- Love 'em (and their message) or hate 'em (and their message), give this flick a spin; you might come away with a changed heart.

- FYI, it's about 45% about "making an album" and about 55% about "their controversy", but even for those totally not interested in politics, I think readers of this forum (even non-country fans, like me) will at least "get their money's worth" out of the musical aspects.

Also FYI, I checked it out of the library, so the cost was $0; check your local library if you are the least bit interested. I did not know what to expect, but came away enjoying the experience, and glad that I watched it. It's time well spent. Good flick.

Discuss. Enjoy,
Ed

Registered Cakewalk user since 1995

1 Reply Related Threads

i8ipop
    Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 568
    RE: 'Shut Up & Sing' (the movie) 2009/03/22 19:35:13 (permalink)
    yea, it's funny how you can dislike someone for their music and your attitude can change once you see how they are as people.

Still raining...still dreaming!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1