Author
Frank Haas
Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2490
2009/03/22 07:22:03 (permalink)

DimPro Preset-Interface update ?

Hi,
not really a question..

some time ago I already had "difficulties" with the preset management in DimPro.. I've been told that there might be an update on it..
what I find a bit annoying is:

I select i.e. a bass-instrument..
I close the DimPro-UI and work with the preset..
I decide to change the preset for another bass-sound and would work from the original folder on, but DimPros-preset-list has collapsed to default view and I have to figure out in which folder my bass sound was.. which isn't quite easy as you can imagine.. as there are expansion packs/updates/and so on..
So I'd like to have those last folders opened when I access the Dim-Pro-Gui again ! (or just open it as I had left the program)

2nd..
a preset search option.. pleeease... I'd like to search directly from the DimPro interface for presets/instruments.. not necessarily categories, as that would make the developement of that feature too complicated..
thx

Frank

8 Replies Related Threads

torhan
    Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4271
    RE: DimPro Preset-Interface update ? 2009/03/22 09:33:55 (permalink)
    Frank,
    Can't answer about the update...

But what I did was just to move all the instruments out of the Exp Pack folders and into the default folder structure. All your basses are together (or, belong to us), etc.

Sonar Platinum
    Premier Tracks
    ASCAP
    Phrauge
    Max Output Level: -19.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5562
    RE: DimPro Preset-Interface update ? 2009/03/22 11:27:32 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: torhan

All your basses are together (or, belong to us), etc.

Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: DimPro Preset-Interface update ? 2009/03/22 14:33:55 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Frank Haas

a preset search option.. pleeease... I'd like to search directly from the DimPro interface for presets/instruments.. not necessarily categories, as that would make the developement of that feature too complicated..

a BIG +1 to that.. rapture has the < > buttons, which is nice..

and I'd like a side order of "VST presets" , in the old style so that both DP + Rapture patches can easily be found in say NI kore OR you can make the patches searchable within sonar.. Bitflipper posted a great tip about searching for patches ages ago.. that'd work in Z3ta (because it used the old FXP / FXP standard) but alas DP / Rapture don't have them.. it'd be great if they could bolt that on to both.

I find rapture not so bad in the sense as at least you can + and - the presets..with DP , it's like it looses focus.

kwgm
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2271
    RE: DimPro Preset-Interface update ? 2009/03/22 16:36:40 (permalink)
    Ditto on that one, Fog.

I'd like to see them go to a common browser interface with a few additional features, for instance, opening to the correct folder when clicking the sample name, and/or adding a search button for this purpose.

Adding Metadata tags to SFZ files for classification would be nice, also. Not like NI with their fixed set of categories and properties, but allowing for a customizable, open hierarchy of tags.

--kwgm
    Fog
    RE: DimPro Preset-Interface update ? 2009/03/23 03:42:15 (permalink)
    kwgm , agghh "meta data" seems to be this years buzz word.. everywhere I go they mention it.hehe

if you do any programming in DP.. sometimes it loses the folder.. instead of going back to the programs folder for saving out it seems to like the multi sample one for me..
    kwgm
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2271
    RE: DimPro Preset-Interface update ? 2009/03/25 15:32:42 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Fog

kwgm , agghh "meta data" seems to be this years buzz word.. everywhere I go they mention it.hehe

if you do any programming in DP.. sometimes it loses the folder.. instead of going back to the programs folder for saving out it seems to like the multi sample one for me..

Fog,

I get it. 10 years ago I consulted on a database project for a large Swedish telcomm organization, and every member of the group I consulted to would make sure an used the words "metadata" and "taxonomies" at least once each meeting, and at first, it gave me the Willies. It was their way of expressing a shared value of sorts.

You know what they say, "When in Stockholm ... ", so I must have picked up the habit. Sorry.

--kwgm
    AT
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: DimPro Preset-Interface update ? 2009/03/25 23:36:05 (permalink)
    When in the stockholm syndrome?

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    Fog
    RE: DimPro Preset-Interface update ? 2009/03/29 19:53:24 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: kwgm
    I get it. 10 years ago I consulted on a database project

haven't done any DB stuff in years, we did oracle when I was there. What I don't know about the Normalisation Forms , primary / unique keys..aggh !! it's all coming back to me, all be it a tad too late.hehe

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1