Biolabs Rapture Expansion vol1 - where are the programs?

Author
Javolenus
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 44
2009/03/22 11:52:53 (permalink)

Biolabs Rapture Expansion vol1 - where are the programs?

Hi There,

I just purchased and downloaded the Biolabs Rapture Expansion vol. 1 from the Cakewalk website. The software apparently installed successfully, but when I booted up Rapture there were no programs in the Biolabs directory. When I navigated to the Rapture Programs folder it contained an empty Biolabs programs folder. It seems that the Biolabs waveforms have installed OK but not the programs. I downloaded the Biolabs exe again and got the same result. Can anyone help? I just bought software that I can't use! Thanks in advance for replies.

Chris

4 Replies Related Threads

Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: Biolabs Rapture Expansion vol1 - where are the programs? 2009/03/22 12:08:03 (permalink)
    did you try pressing f5 and refreshing your patch browser?

if you navigate to your programs folder + multisamples folders, you should see something listed in both..

are you running vista or xp?

here's 2 more you should get also , if you haven't already >
    Javolenus
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 44
    RE: Biolabs Rapture Expansion vol1 - where are the programs? 2009/03/22 12:30:15 (permalink)
    EDIT: OK, problem solved. The software installed the waveforms in the correct folder but installed the programs in the Windows Applications Data folder, which wasn't even visible on my system. I eventually located the 'missing' program files for both Biomechanoid and Muz3um and now all is well.

Hi There and thanks for the quick response. Yes, I pressed f5 and all I get is an empty Biolabs directory. When I navigate to the Rapture programs folder there is an empty Biolabs programs folder. Seems that the waveforms have installed, along with an empty programs folder, but the actual program files are missing. Thanks, too, for the info - I already got Muz3um but will check out the other suggestion. Thanks again - just don't know where those Biolabs program files are!

P.S. I'm running XP. Also, although I installed the Muz3um expansion earlier I got the same problem: the waveforms installed but not the programs. And so I have tried to install both Muz3um and Biomechanoid vol. 1 but in both cases I can only see the waveforms in the Rapture folder, no programs! Is this a Windows problem? Seems like the software thinks it's installed itself OK but where are the program files? When I search for .prog files in Windows, all I find are the already visible default Rapture progs. It's as if my computer has 'lost' the program files for Muz3um and Biomechanoid.
    post edited by Javolenus - 2009/03/22 14:24:48
    Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: Biolabs Rapture Expansion vol1 - where are the programs? 2009/03/22 14:27:44 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Javolenus

EDIT: OK, problem solved. The software installed the waveforms in the correct folder but installed the programs in the Windows Applications Data folder, which wasn't even visible on my system. I eventually located the 'missing' program files for both Biomechanoid and Muz3um and now all is well.

that's where it normally installs to .. before "I think" it was off raptures folder.. in vista it's off "program data" which is also hidden.

it's odd that it wasn't finding them, I mean you were logged into the main admin account?

the files for each thing are normally off the programs / multisamples in subfolders.. but some of the things I use , also add waveforms, which might have been the problem.

post edited by Fog - 2009/03/22 14:35:38
    :10:
    Max Output Level: -38.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3678
    RE: Biolabs Rapture Expansion vol1 - where are the programs? 2009/03/25 13:50:58 (permalink)
    did you update rapture?

I love Bio-labs...

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1