OT: Free Drum Loops

Author
Peter Rabbit
Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1305
2009/03/26 11:00:17 (permalink)

OT: Free Drum Loops

I came accross this site this morning that has free drum loops available for download. The guy states on his web page,

"All of the drum tracks (unless credited) are recorded at my studio using Logic Pro 8. I include mp3s of all my recordings for quick previews as well as a separate link to the original, multitracked Logic session and a mixed down .wav file. Feel free to download, cut-up, eq, compress, distort, and mutate my drum parts and use them for your own projects."

He already has several available in all different genres. He also states that he is continuing to add more everyday. There doesn't seem to be any kind of "catch" to it as far as I can tell.

Here's the link:
http://ryangruss.com/?page_id=2

Pete

"Creating a bad song takes just as much time and energy as creating a good one. The problem is that you don't know it's a bad song until someone tells you, and by then it's too late."
P. Rabbit

2 Replies Related Threads

Wood67
    • Total Posts : 1348
    RE: OT: Free Drum Loops 2009/03/26 11:37:58 (permalink)
    Lovely - some great loops there, thanks. Though that final category label had me wondering for a moment!

Wood

Studio One 3 Pro, (Sonar Platinum), Intel i7, Win10 Pro, 32Gb ram, RME Babyface Pro, Behringer X-Touch, Presonus Faderport, Akai MPK49, Arturia KeyLab25, KRK Rokit 5 monitors, and other sonic surprises.
    Peter Rabbit
    • Total Posts : 1305
    RE: OT: Free Drum Loops 2009/03/26 15:55:00 (permalink)
    That's funny! I hadn't thought of that.

I think it's really great that this fellow is doing this. You could literally build a whole library of incredible drum loops by downloading them from his site. It's quite generous of him to do this as most drum loops of that quality can be somewhat expensive. I just happened to fall upon his site this morning.

I downloaded one of them (you have to download where it says Logic Session) just to see how it would work. When you download it's a zip file. You then have extract the files to a folder. The Logic file is in its own folder and the audio files are in their own folder. The audio files are in aif format. You can then open a Cakewalk project and use the Loop Explorer view to audition and import them, or you can just import them using the File > Import > Audio command.

I suppose you need to have Logic installed on your computer to open the Logic file which I don't have. But the audio tracks (loops) in aif format import into the project like a charm.

Pete
    post edited by Peter Rabbit - 2009/03/26 16:02:51

"Creating a bad song takes just as much time and energy as creating a good one. The problem is that you don't know it's a bad song until someone tells you, and by then it's too late."
    P. Rabbit
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1