Talk about G.A.S.

Author
jackn2mpu
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2765
2009/03/28 17:00:23 (permalink)

Talk about G.A.S.

Since we've gotten Verizon FIOS we've been watching a whole lot of channels we never saw on Comcast cable. One of those is Lifetime and they have Wife Swap's syndicated episodes. For those unacquainted with the show, it's one of those 'reality' shows where the wife of one couple swaps lives for 2 weeks with the wife of another couple matched up through the producers of the show. What it seems like to my wife and I is they do the opposite of the web sites and such that match up couples based on compatibility and match up couple based on how diametrically oppose they are to each other.

Anyways, one show this week had a couple where the husband and wife of one couple were/are part of the band The Three Kisses (http://www.threekisses.com/) Husband and wife both play guitar IIRC. During some of the shots they showed some of the musical arsenal they have - I think they had more guitars than your local Guitar Center. Literally, there was 2 walls of one of their spaces that had guitars hanging double-decker spaced as close together as they could. I'd guess it was about 24-25 linear feet of wall with guitars, basses, a mandolin, you name it. No cheapies either - Les Paul's, PRS's, Strats. No slouches on keyboards either. I'm watching and just drooling. And all I can afford are strings for my Strats.

Jack
Qapla!

3 Replies Related Threads

Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    RE: Talk about G.A.S. 2009/03/28 18:35:06 (permalink)
    You can afford strings?...... new ones?

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    foxwolfen
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8256
    RE: Talk about G.A.S. 2009/03/28 21:06:48 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Guitarhacker

They have strings?

Huh... maybe that's why mine only cost 20 bucks.

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    jackn2mpu
    Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2765
    RE: Talk about G.A.S. 2009/03/28 22:43:34 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Guitarhacker

Yes new ones, wise guy. Ernie Ball super slinky on all but the SRV strat and that gets the skinny top heavy bottom Ernie Balls.

Jack
    Qapla!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1