The Other Side "Remix"

Author
MetalMan
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 954
2009/03/29 02:11:37 (permalink)

The Other Side "Remix"

PARENTAL ADVISORY : WARNING : This tune contains a few words and content that some might find offensive!

I made this tune and noise up on the spot. The words and everything were litteraly made up while recording just to see if I could do it. I did however have to go back a second time and re-record the bass because of tech problems - I had some fuzz sounds.

Anyway I remixed this one to bring the volume up. This was a fun tune to do at the time. I added some thunder sounds and special effects also.

I must say though that I was listening to "The DOORS" at the time and that's where this songs influence is coming from. Especially the part where I am talking and sounding crazy. For those who might be wondering "NOOOOOOoo I wasn't under the influence of drugs or alcohol while doing this", I was just having fun. :-)

This is a remix with higher volume. I probably will never get back to this one, but I thought someone might enjoy listening to this so I thought I would post it.

Here's the link and it's the first tune on the list :

http://www.reverbnation.com/electricfalcon?popup_render=%2Fcontroller%2Fartist%2Fadd_photo%2F403587%3Ffrom_activate%3Dtrue

post edited by MetalMan - 2009/04/01 11:26:50

17 Replies Related Threads

foxwolfen
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8256
    RE: The Other Side "Remix" 2009/03/30 00:28:40 (permalink)
    You know bobby, this song may not be perfect, but it shows a great deal of talent. At times the chops are outstanding.

Cheers
    Shad

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    robby
    Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5819
    RE: The Other Side "Remix" 2009/03/30 00:34:59 (permalink)
    I have told him that for many many months. It's nice to see that he's trying to use his powers for good. Getting better... I could have done without screaming the "B" word. Unless I'm talking to CJ. It gets pretty weird from there...

==================
    It is better to travel well than to arrive.

www.reverbnation.com/rockinrobby
    evadianepug
    Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4477
    RE: The Other Side "Remix" 2009/03/30 00:56:02 (permalink)
    Break on through has a Doors ring to it. I'll say that the music sounds ok to me. I'm not sure if you're serious sometimes.

Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. (GK Chesterton

Warren (Pug) Willingham
    THE PUGTONES
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=919339&content=music
    SonarX3
    jamesg1213
    • Total Posts : 21760
    RE: The Other Side "Remix" 2009/03/30 15:16:59 (permalink)
    Here's my thoughts Bobby.

The drums are fine but they sound really strange panned all the way over to the left like that. The 'Run to You'-ish arpeggio guitar in the centre is really nice, but too quiet, I'd like to hear more of that, perhaps build the song around it.

The chorus-ey guitar on the right is very good, nice tone, some tasty licks there, but they're often out of time with everything else. The vocals..well, I'd scrap those and start again, without using a well-known hook from a well-known Doors song!

I made this tune and noise up on the spot.

Here's the thing - how about working on a tune for a while until it sounds good, and you're proud of it? That's not meant to sound aggressive or harsh, but how many CD's have you bought that were 'made up on the spot'? Good music has be to worked on and crafted, unless you're a genius

Keep at it, you're going to make us sit up and listen one of these days.

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
    amateur
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 451
    RE: The Other Side "Remix" 2009/03/30 21:34:17 (permalink)
    Hey Bobby

To be honest, I'm not that crazy about the existing vocals, but the instrumentation is really good, very cool. The song kind of reminds me of the Rollins band.

Sorry, but I think the vocals could be reworked, the rest sounds good (disclaimer - I am no expert, I just like music)
    No How
    Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5180
    RE: The Other Side "Remix" 2009/03/31 08:59:38 (permalink)
    Metal man,
    I can't find the tune.

Did you move it?

s o n g s

– Beauty lodged in a bad hotel has no value.  Raymond Lull
    MetalMan
    RE: The Other Side "Remix" 2009/04/01 11:23:24 (permalink)
    Thanks for the kind comments Shad and for taking the time to listen to this noise as I call it. This was fun and I guess that's all that matters.

MetalMan
    RE: The Other Side "Remix" 2009/04/01 11:28:17 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: No How

Metal man,
    I can't find the tune.

Did you move it?

Sorry 'No How', I removed the tune with the intent to quickly change a couple of things but had some computer problems. It's back up now, same as it was because I'm working on getting this computer back to working, I'm sorry. :-(

Thank you for your interest in listening, I will warn you though that there are a few words that others might find offensive.

PARENTAL ADVISORY I guess I should tell you.

The link is working now it's call "The Other Side REMIX" and it's the first on the list.

Thanks again

MetalMan
    RE: The Other Side "Remix" 2009/04/01 11:31:33 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: amateur

Hey Bobby

To be honest, I'm not that crazy about the existing vocals, but the instrumentation is really good, very cool. The song kind of reminds me of the Rollins band.

Sorry, but I think the vocals could be reworked, the rest sounds good (disclaimer - I am no expert, I just like music)

Thank you! :-) Hey, I'll take all the positive remarks I can. :-) I'll be the first to admit that I am no singer, but I have to try to convey my idea's sometimes.

LOL, you said "I am no expert, I just like music" - Sorry but I have to differ with you on that opinion, YOU ARE AN EXPERT because you like music. :-) No pun intended.

Thanks again for listening and the review. :-)

MetalMan
    RE: The Other Side "Remix" 2009/04/01 11:33:39 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: robby

I have told him that for many many months. It's nice to see that he's trying to use his powers for good. Getting better... I could have done without screaming the "B" word. Unless I'm talking to CJ. It gets pretty weird from there...

Thanks Robby. I'm sorry I used the 'B'obby word I'm only kidding! I've added a Parental Advisory with the edit of the first message in this thread and also added the only way I knew how on Reverb Nation by posting it in the lyrics option, there didn't seem to be another option.

Thanks again
    post edited by MetalMan - 2009/04/01 19:24:40

rob.pulman
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1146
    RE: The Other Side "Remix" 2009/04/01 11:34:14 (permalink)
    Only on a feeble set of work speakers at the mo, but the guitars have a good feel and sound. I'll have a better listen when I get home.

cheers

Stoojo Music

Dell 2400, XP 1 Gig RAM, Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz, M-Audio 2496, PSR310, LP Custom, Fender Strat, Yam Acoustic, Peavey amps, Zodiac BXP bass
    MetalMan
    RE: The Other Side "Remix" 2009/04/01 11:35:07 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: evadianepug

Break on through has a Doors ring to it. I'll say that the music sounds ok to me. I'm not sure if you're serious sometimes.

It was a one take make everything up on the spot thing, song/words/guitar/drums, I ran into problems with the bass though and had to re-do them a 2nd time. It was fun though.

Thanks for taking the time to listen

MetalMan
    RE: The Other Side "Remix" 2009/04/01 11:39:17 (permalink)
    Thanks jamesg1213, yeah you are right about the working on things and all. I do have to say though that you have to understand that sometimes "Time" isn't an option no matter how hard you try to make it that way.

Thanks again for your kind review, I agree about the drums.

I'm stuck in this mix mode of putting say bass/rhythm guitar on one side - drums/lead on the other. Sorry but I'm working on it. :-)

Tap
    Max Output Level: -30 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4536
    RE: The Other Side "Remix" 2009/04/01 11:59:08 (permalink)
    Yeah I get that

"We Want the World and We Want it .... NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!" Vibe to this one.

That guitar is really slinky ... Breaking all the way through on this one ..... Very Robbie Kreigeresque !!!

I didn't mean to kill you ??????

MC4 - M-Audio FW410 / Behringer UCA202 - Fender Strat / Jazzmaster / DuoSonic / Washburn / Peavy Foundation M-Audio Radium 49 Roland Juno 106 / JazzChorus / Seymore Duncan Convertible - HP A1230N ( AMD Athalon 3800+ 2G Ram + 200G HD )

http://soundclick.com/cut2thechaise

MetalMan
    RE: The Other Side "Remix" 2009/04/01 19:12:13 (permalink)
    Thanks! This one was fun at the time. This is a remix of a mixed down version of the tune - I added more volume and a little EQ. This was a sit down and record it all one time thing with no intention and no ideal to begin with. "Well I was listening to the doors at the time so there's the ideal". Total improvisation on making this up and recording it ONE TIME, with the exception of the bass which I had some problem with the sound and had to do it a second time. But then again I ain't no singer/bass player/drummer, LOL, I Hope I'm a guitar player. I do try though.

Thanks again for the kind comments

MetalMan
    RE: The Other Side "Remix" 2009/04/01 19:19:25 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: rob.pulman

Only on a feeble set of work speakers at the mo, but the guitars have a good feel and sound. I'll have a better listen when I get home.

cheers

Thanks ROB! This was a fun one to remix, adding volume more than anything else. It's still a little quiet but I think I'll leave it like it is for now.

Thanks for taking the time to listen and review this one.

Mamabear
    • Total Posts : 8954
    RE: The Other Side "Remix" 2009/04/01 21:31:14 (permalink)
    Pretty nice tune! Good job on the guitars and the drums sound pretty good too!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1