Cheap phone calls....

Author
Guitarhacker
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 24398
2009/03/31 22:08:30 (permalink)

Cheap phone calls....

Does anyone here use Magic Jack? What do you think about it....good or not so good?

My side.... I bought it a few months back. I was needing to make lots of phone calls and I don't have a long distance plan on my biz phone...(they want stupid amounts of money for business LD calls) So I figured... instead of running my cell phone minutes over the limit, I'd spend $40 and get a magic jack.

So far, I like it. It works well...fairly decent phone call quality..only a few redials to get a better connection. and $20 for ONE YEAR"S SERVICE..... whooo hoooo!

Carmen Apice also has one.... wired his whole house to use it....

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 

3 Replies Related Threads

i8ipop
    Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 568
    RE: Cheap phone calls.... 2009/03/31 23:13:17 (permalink)
    is that like skype? never heard of it. just goes to show you not all drummer's are stupid!

Still raining...still dreaming!
    jinga8
    Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5817
    RE: Cheap phone calls.... 2009/04/01 00:30:37 (permalink)
    That commercial (infomercial???) with the countdown timer and the salesdude really freaks me out. If it works, great, but I'm always skeptical of stuff like that. Its really freaky to watch (for me)...glad you got it and are happy so far, though...maybe it'll be worth its weight in gold (I guess that's not too much for a little platic thingy ), but they need to tone down the "act fast, call within the next two minutes, Ron Popiel meets Billy Mays" thing IMHO...
    Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    RE: Cheap phone calls.... 2009/04/01 08:32:24 (permalink)
    They are doing the infomercial....yeah it's cheezy...I don't like it...though I have seen it as I zip across the channels....

I went to radio Shack and bought mine since I knew I could get it same day and return it for a full refund if it didn't work.

It's basically an internet phone. VOIP... carry it with you with your laptop and a small cheap "home style" phone, and you can call and receive calls anywhere... in the USSA 24/7 for $20 a year....

So far it works great, and I've been told I can also use it in other countries to call back home for free.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1