April Fools

Author
Texrat
Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1531
2009/04/01 09:55:56 (permalink)

April Fools

How about a thread on best pranks? I have some good ones but I'll wait to see what others post. We don't need to limit it to April 1st stuff either.

Who's first?

6 Replies Related Threads

Slugbaby
    Max Output Level: -33.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4172
    RE: April Fools 2009/04/01 11:37:51 (permalink)
    I moved into my current apartment building on April 1, two years ago.

The building superintendant told me that he had no record of my moving in, that the current tenant had never given written notice and was still living there. As it was a Sunday, the management office was closed and I'd have to wait until the following day for a resolution.
    I had everything I owned in a cube-van, friends waiting to unload my stuff, two cats freaking out in a cage, and was a little moody (was leaving my wife and my sawed-in-half '72 Tele). After having a fit for about 30 minutes, calling the company every name I could think of, shouting at the super, he disappeared into his office for a minute. He returned with a handful of bottles of beer, saying "april fools!"
    post edited by Slugbaby - 2009/04/01 11:47:20

http://www.MattSwiftMusic.com

Dell i5, 16Gb RAM, Focusrite 2i2 IO, Telecasters, P-bases, Personal Drama for a muse.
    space_cowboy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 9813
    RE: April Fools 2009/04/01 11:45:18 (permalink)
    My cousing and I used to have a deadbeat roommate. He had a degree in English (I was still in college) but was working as a carpenter (roofer). He did not pay his share of the bills as he took the bulk of the cash and sent it to some girl in his home town that he had a crush on but my cousin and I knew had "known" lots of other guys besides our roommate. Jim was irratating.

But the most irratating thing was this. After dinner, my cousin and I would sit down in front of the stereo and listen to some Steely Dan or Weather Report or whatever. Jim would go take a shower, then come to the living room and plug is f-ing hair dryer into the socket DIRECTLY BETWEEN THE SPEAKERS. He would sit there with the sound of a tornado coming out of his hair dryer while we were listening to music. This is 77 or so and we all had shoulder length hair.

So, one night a dinner, I had my cousin divert Jim's attention. I went to the bathroom and gathered all of the bottles of shampoo, hid all but one, and emptied the last one and put wesson oil in it. I then returned it to the shower.

Jim did the usual after dinner - went to the bath and took a shower. He then came to the living room where we were enjoying some music, plugged that danged hair dryer into the wall and started wailing with it. After a few minutes he sniffs a bit and says "Do you smell anything odd?" few more minutes "I think that shampoo went flat. It didn't lather at all." few more minutes 'I don't understand why my hair won't dry." After about 20 minutes of this, his hair was starting to mat up and we could not keep from laughing.

He never came back into the living room to dry his hair again while we were listening to music.

Some people call me Maurice

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!
    Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: April Fools 2009/04/01 12:25:41 (permalink)
    take 1 drink.. either a mineral water bottle or a tin of cola.. let the person drink a bit.. if they go out of the room

make a few pin holes applied to the neck of the bottle..
    they used to do that where I used to work as a prank.

but they had company t-shirts for the person the prank was played on.. they didn't have a wet shirt.

Texrat
    RE: April Fools 2009/04/01 12:29:36 (permalink)
    One of my brothers used to put cigarette "loads" in dad's smokes. If you don't know, they're explosive little slivers you can slide into a ciggie and blow up when the heat hits them. Bro was trying to get dad to quit but the old man just got pissed each time.

So finally little brother escalates it. He sticks a few in dad's pipe. Well, dad had a habit of falling asleep while smoking the thing in his recliner. One afternoon he nods off and BLAM! Pipe tobacco everywhere.

I'll bet my brother still has belt scars.
    Texrat
    RE: April Fools 2009/04/01 13:00:06 (permalink)
    lespaulman35
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 467
    RE: April Fools 2009/04/02 01:12:51 (permalink)
    2 of my brothers once put stick matches between my dads toes and lit them while he was sleeping. They were gone before he woke up so they got away with it. Dad developed a habit of sleeping with his shoes on.

Gateway GT5228 AMD Athlon 64X2 Processor 4200+ 250 GB Sata II WD Raptor 150 GB Sata II 2048 MB DDR2 Microsoft XP Professional Delta1010LT Audiophile 192 Sonar Producer 8
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1